Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] S9 Resmed auto setting not working
RE: S9 Resmed auto setting not working
Glad to hear you figured it out!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2013, 08:53 AM)Paptillian Wrote: Glad to hear you figured it out!

no, still have not figure it out. But do understand more. last night I changed out mask 3 times. exhausting and exhausted. On my report it showed a .10 second clip of clear airway. I was surprised. I've never seen that on the report before. I so tired. if you can email me your email addr...I'll send the reports. Send them to the email on the other reports...PLEASE THANKS SO MUCH
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2013, 07:56 AM)gogailg5 Wrote: On my report it showed a .10 second clip of clear airway. I was surprised. I've never seen that on the report before.

I get a bunch of clear airway events almost every night. Everyone says not to worry about them, so I guess it's only an issue if you actually have been diagnosed with central sleep apnea. I've had similar concerns in some of my threads and am slowly learning not to over analyze the data Smile

(07-16-2013, 07:56 AM)gogailg5 Wrote: I so tired. if you can email me your email addr...I'll send the reports. Send them to the email on the other reports...PLEASE THANKS SO MUCH

I deleted your reports that you PM'ed me. However, the way you had sent them to me is exactly how you can post them here. You had sent me pictures that you had uploaded to postimg.org. All I did was copy the links out of my PM inbox and paste them into this thread.

If you like, you can PM me your next set of data and I can post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, here goes another night.Last night, by morning time, I was dreaming that I had a wad of bubble gum in my mouth. I kept removing and removing more of it, only to find out I still had so much gum in my mouth. I suddenly awaken to release it was my tongue and I wasn't breathing...oh well, got to keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a great night sleep on last night. I use an old nasal mask I have from about 5 years ago. The respironic True blue, it's sort of bulky and heavy. But it worked great. I didn't use the huge chin strip I made and sleep very well. Mouth did not open, pressure did not run away...but I forgot to put the sd card in the machine. Tongue but that's ok...sleep is a good thing to start my day...putting the sd card back in the machine right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
gogailg5, haven't heard from you in a few days. Are you doing better?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2013, 03:59 PM)Paptillian Wrote: gogailg5, haven't heard from you in a few days. Are you doing better?

IM away at training this week I brought my coal with me. I have been testing differ settings and checking the reports. Do u every get to a point where u have 0 apena events? If not how many a night is a good night?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2013, 04:51 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: Do u every get to a point where u have 0 apena events? If not how many a night is a good night?

I don't think I have had a night yet where something wasn't flagged. Usually it's a handful of central / clear-airway events. I might get a couple hypopneas and the occasional obstructive.

As long as your AHI is less than 5, you had a "good" night. The closer to 0 the better, but getting 0 is darn near impossible for most folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2013, 04:57 PM)Paptillian Wrote:
(07-23-2013, 04:51 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: Do u every get to a point where u have 0 apena events? If not how many a night is a good night?

I don't think I have had a night yet where something wasn't flagged. Usually it's a handful of central / clear-airway events. I might get a couple hypopneas and the occasional obstructive.

As long as your AHI is less than 5, you had a "good" night. The closer to 0 the better, but getting 0 is darn near impossible for most folks.

I see. However I noticed that the your wake time impacts ur AGO. If u lie awake for 15 minutes it will lower it AGO. I wake up several times a night. So I use numbers of events
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2013, 05:09 PM)gogailg5 Wrote: I see. However I noticed that the your wake time impacts ur AGO. If u lie awake for 15 minutes it will lower it AGO. I wake up several times a night. So I use numbers of events

You're right that if you have periods of wakefulness your data will show a lower overall AHI. However, without time as a frame of reference, the total event count doesn't mean anything.

I wake up several times a night myself, to turn around / change positions or whatever. Most people probably do, especially coming out of REM sleep. I wouldn't worry about that... I don't think AHI has to be super accurate.

Now if you get up out of bed or decide to lay awake for some time, as you said 15 minutes, maybe it's a good idea to turn the machine off so it's not skewing your data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 264 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 149 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 251 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 519 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 190 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.