Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] S9 CPAP
RE: S9 CPAP
(02-20-2013, 08:57 PM)SleepyTime Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 07:48 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(02-17-2013, 04:46 PM)Sleepster Wrote: They show that your machine is spending virtually all of its time at or very near your maximum pressure of 14 cm. You either need the pressure that high or your machine is running away on you.

Solution: chain it to the table.

I can't chain it to the table, because it's on the tech's desk waiting to be returned when my new one arrives.Grin

I thought it was a good idea.
Chain it to the table and it won't run away on you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 CPAP
[attachment=372][attachment=373]
(02-17-2013, 05:12 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: According to the charts you had a signifigant OA just before 2am and this was when your machine was near your top pressure. You also have hypopneas at various times when your machine is at or near the max. It sure doesn't look to me like your machine is "running away" at all. Looks more to me like your machine is on too tight of a leash. If it were me, I would turn it loose and let it do its job - at least long enough to find out what pressure is necessary; then I would narrow the range to a couple cm above and below the median. If it were me, I would go ahead and set the minimum to about 12 or 13 because it'll probably stay higher than that anyway, then I'd set the top pressure at 20 and keep an eye on the charts for the next couple weeks. In my opinion it is easier to get used to high pressure than it is to get used to pressure that starts out real low then goes high when you sleep; but that's just my opinion.

EDIT:
P.S. What I said before is assuming that the night you linked is typical and is what has been happening for a while. Also, your leaks graph looks real good. Don't mind the Max leak on that night. It looks like when you woke up once you took the mask off before turning off the machine.

I have read your suggestions and now that ResMed exchanged my S9 AutoSet for a new one, I have used it with a setting of Min 5 and Max 15 for a few days.

The attached graphs from last night are similar to the two preceding days. Actually these are showing the best uninterrupted sleep I had in a long time. I hope it will be an indication of a continuing improvement.

While the returned machine did have something wrong with it showing a straight line even when set at 16 cmH2O, the new one also shows that the pressure runs close to the set point of 15 cm, so that I will do some experimenting in line with your suggestions in the coming weeks.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, a Fisher & Paykel Auto CPAP report showed much lower pressure only a month before I received the first S9 AutoSet. Maybe, the F&P isn't as accurate as the ResMed?

I'm glad I joined this Forum where I was able to learn more about my problems and got access to the software that the "professionals" want to keep away from us.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.