Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] S9 device since December 28
High leaks means the data is skewed. Any "events" recorded during the high leaks cannot be taken as fact.

She is also incorrect in that yes, you can die if you don't use the mask. Besides the obvious sleeping behind the wheel, there's heart and brain damage being done from the low oxygen. Sleep apnea is responsible for a plethora of other conditions ranging from poor sleep to hypertension to heart attacks. The effects of that can cause death. Will one night kill you? Probably not. But it breaks the habit you are trying to form.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 17 1,117 08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Romster
  Need some new device advice to help with my apnea lightingbird 4 212 08-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Accurate device for consumers to measure sleep cycles? mikeuva123 8 771 08-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  CMS-50D+ "Device not recognized" jsielke 12 566 05-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Last Post: jsielke
  [Equipment] Is there a way to tell whether this anti snoring device is treating my sleep apnea? nico08 10 641 04-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Placement of CPAP device TrailerSweetheart 21 1,184 03-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device Dagmar 40 6,056 01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait