Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP SOAP
RE: CPAP SOAP
(03-26-2020, 08:39 PM)Big Guy Wrote: So, you posed a legitimate question after all? 

There for a moment, I kind of felt like a fool for responding to your post.

We are discovering a few confirmed COVID-19 cases in our neighborhood and they used the same stores and areas that we use. 

It was a legitimate question as I am doing everything I can to avoid or minimize problems because I am in an ultra-high risk group and there are problems with the potential use of certain drugs. Cardiac Complications Attributed to Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Especially in conjunction with my class III anti-arrhythmia drug, amiodarone.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Then you should watch the video on how to clean your groceries when you come home from the store. Check Boing Boing for the video he's a doctor and it is pretty good. I consider myself a clean freak and he had recommendations I hadn't considered.

He made a few sterile mistakes in the video and commenters picked it up. But, I find it is very difficult to maintain sterile activities for any length of time - like 15 or 30 seconds. It takes a lot of thought and a lot of attention to keep on track, which is why this virus is spinning out of control so quickly.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The link is https://boingboing.net/2020/03/26/inform...video.html

Given my background in sterile manufacturing I could point out lots of faults but in a home environment this is probably as well as anyone can do. It's pretty close to what I've been doing. I never thought to actually remove the inner package of cereal from the box. I've wiped down boxes. What he proposes is much better. The most significant change I would make would be to have more separation between the clean and dirty areas.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurse at doctor's office is saying to not use Dawn soap to clean CPAP vroomvroom 73 26,781 09-23-2022, 12:23 AM
Last Post: OldYamaha
  What specific type of soap do you use to clean Cpap tube? Ihaveapnea 22 11,593 07-21-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Bubba in NC
  [Equipment] Observation - using soap for facewash reduces leaks! Asjb 2 1,837 01-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Bompa
  Soap -- Mask Cleaning 312capri 26 25,385 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Last Post: TorontoCPAPguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.