Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Safety
RE: CPAP Safety
You need to replace the entire smoke detector every 7-10 years. Many of the modern ones start beeping when they reach that age, but older ones may not. Write the date of installation or battery replacement on the face of the detector where it's easily seen.

I've been buying smoke detectors with 10 year non-replaceable batteries. After 10 years, it starts beeping, and you throw the whole thing away.

Don't forget to get a CO carbon monoxide detector, too.

I think even normal, young, healthy adults without CPAP will not reliably wake up in time in before the smoke gets to them. That's one of the reasons smoke detectors are so important.

However, CPAP may make it worse. What the heck, get two smoke detectors and put them in the room where you CPAP.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Safety
I have smoke alarm is hooked to my security system.... It sounds the alarm IN THE HOUSE also to the the security company. They cals the fire dept. and ME AT THE HOUSE!!!waking me up...... so I can RUN!!!!! Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,257 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
  Resmed Field Safety Notice ckingzzzs 6 998 07-06-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Safety of memory foam CPAP cushions shutto 0 675 02-05-2023, 12:24 PM
Last Post: shutto
  Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question astraith 4 963 03-16-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  SSC safety [Data First Night, see post 7] Chalkie 12 1,423 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  FDA issues Safety Communications on ozone and UV cleaners Gideon 4 1,981 02-28-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Melman
  CPAP Safety Question linn 7 2,248 11-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: DWaldman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.