Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Scents
Question 
CPAP Scents
I just got my S9 Autosense machine. I want to know if there are any scents that I can add to the water to make my sleep experience more pleasant?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Scents
Check with some of the online suppliers (see the Supplier's List link at the top of every page). Most of them carry some sort of thing like that. Search their sites for "aromatherapy".

Be careful, though, and don't toss just anything in there! I suggest you stick with just what is CPAP approved if you are going to be adding something directly to the machine or water.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can saturate a cotton ball with something fragrant and place it beside the air intake. I wouldn't put anything in the water tank.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scent gives me migraine, distilled water is recommended ... ymmv

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 11:15 PM)Sleepster Wrote: You can saturate a cotton ball with something fragrant and place it beside the air intake. I wouldn't put anything in the water tank.

Eucylptus Oil works well for me using this method..
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't put anything near the machine intake. The vapors may leave a deposit on internal surfaces -- or worse, the sensors.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dkirky,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you use fregrences, just put a couple drops on a cotton ball and put it by the intake, use very little because they can gum things up. I wouldn't put any in the humidifier chamber.
Much success to you with your cPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What scents are we talking about? I prefer Eu De Room.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the olden days, we were told to add a drop of fabric softener to the pass=over humidifier water. The theory mitght have been valid, but all I ever got out of it was a headache. oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2014, 12:05 AM)PollCat Wrote: In the olden days, we were told to add a drop of fabric softener to the pass=over humidifier water. The theory mitght have been valid, but all I ever got out of it was a headache. oldman

Olden days CPAP power supply:
[Image: yp50063050.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.