Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently
Ohmy 
Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently
My fairly new Resmed Airsense 10 has started a new habit, in that it will go through bouts where it will turn on it's screen/dial lights every few minutes, and when I look at the screen it states that a "report has been generated". I am uncertain if I've inadvertently altered a setting to cause it to do this. And, having it turn it's lights on during the night while I'm trying to sleep isn't a good thing!
I've put it into "airplane mode", thinking that would keep it from generating it's report, but that has not worked. I'm keeping it in "airplane mode" for the time being, as I'm not keen on having a wi-fi device being constantly active just a few inches from my head.
Has anyone encountered this situation with their resmed? Any suggestions on how to get it to stop the reports and light show? Help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently
I'm not sure about the light coming on during the night or the "report generated" message - might be worth running by your DME.

Regarding airplane mode, though, your CPAP machine is not a Wifi device. It has a cellular data modem, which is inactive until about an hour after you stop therapy, when it uploads your data to MyAir. That said, any risk of having data mode activated is even more infinitesimal than using your cell phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Screen Lights On Resmed Airsense 10 Turn On & It Generates Reports Very Frequently
RF/magnetic fields decrease by the square of the distance. So if you think of a cell phone up to your ear and you move it 2 times farther away the signal drops by 4 times. 4 times farther away and it drops by 16 times. The CPAP modem on the night stand is so far away that you are basically getting nothing compared to a single phone call.

Personally I am not worried about cell phones, but CPAP is totally of no concern to me. IF I was concerned I would use an ear piece with my cell phone before I would worry about CPAP.

As for the strange behavior it might be caused by variations/noise on your power line. Ask you DME and then you might consider trying a power line surge protector or UPS or power line filter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tabbygreye,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks trish6hundred! I've been using C-pap for about 10 years, and am a very compliant user and suffer if I have to sleep even one night with out my machine, which occurs rarely! My current machine is the third I've had, the other two having been a Resmed Elite and a Respironics. I almost feel as if there are too many whistles and bells on my Airsense 10. And, it's kind of creepy in a "big brother" sort of way when it starts sending multiple reports in the middle of the night and during the day! If it turns out that the cause isn't a simple setting adjustment that I can take care of my own, then I'll contact my DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2016, 11:29 AM)tabbygreye Wrote: ...I'm not keen on having a wi-fi device being constantly active just a few inches from my head.

There is no "wifi" signal being generated - this machine uses a cell phone and if you are afraid of that being next to you then you had better toss away your own cell phone if you have one.

And it doesn't go on at night when you are sleeping, it calls Resmed about an hour after you get up.

There is NO scientific evidence that electromagnetic radiation at cell or wifi frequencies with the typical low power that is used does you any harm at all. It is not ionizing radiation and does not damage cells or molecules. It does warm tissue slightly, but the sun does that a lot more and so does your indoor heating and your electric lights (which put out MUCH more power at more damaging frequencies).

Your body has a built in thermostat that can handle these things quite well unless you are sick, in which case external heat isn't your problem.

All that aside, your machine is clearly defective and it should be fixed or replaced under warranty.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,743 54 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,773 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.