Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Second Dreamstation possible
Second Dreamstation possible
I have a DreamStation that works great.  I take it with me when I am sleeping in a secondary residence.  If I buy a second dreamstation, can the doctor log in and adjust the settings to both units the way the he makes those adjustments now?  Also Is the software capable of supporting more than one machine?

I might splurge on a second machine if it meant not having to disconnect and reconnect every time I go back and forth...

Thank you everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Second Dreamstation possible
Well he probably could adjust both machines if both have a modem. However you can adjust the pressures yourself just as easily. Go the member's private files section and request a clinic manual. It has has all the info you need for making adjustment to the machines.

Also the software's can support more than one machine. I recommend sleepyhead for home use. The link to download is below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm gonna say no, he can't/wouldn't.

If your dr needs to know your info (mine does not, since my insurance doesn't require compliance), then you could:
1) adjust the settings on your 2nd machine to be the same.
2) move the memory card from your home one to your travel one when you travel.

I don't know if the memory card swap would work for your info for your doctor. But that's what I do for my Sleepyhead for myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have two machines you need two SD cards. Each machine writes its serial number on the card, and it will overwrite and lose the other data. SleepyHead uses that serial number to keep track of each machine's data separately.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk is correct.  You cannot use the same SD card for two different machines, even if they are both DreamStations.  Each machine has their own serial number which is written to the card.  

With that said, your doctor is accessing your machine through the modem.  The question would be: Is your doctor “willing” to access two different machines for the data and to make changes?

My guess would be...No. But you could ask him/her.

You can download #SleepyHead software and print out the data from the second machine, or you may have to use Encore (found in the Private Files and Links forum) to print a report from the second machine),or bring the SD card from the second machine to your doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for all of the help.  I will be sure to look into everything and discuss with my doctor before investing in a second unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the purpose of a second machine is backup and/or travel, there is no need to have the doctor supervise the machine. Copy the therapy settings, input to the clinical settings menu and enjoy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only issue/concern could be the compliance tracking.
It's definitely best that your Dr is involved if compliance is required.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for correcting me, guys! I hadn't realized that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgive my ignorance, but is there any compliance tracking use other than to have insurance cover the original machine's cost?

For example, my machine is rented from the DME for 10 months, then I own it. I was assuming that was the end of "compliance" checks, but am I missing something?

I spend ~20-30% of the year with my extended family on the west coast, but live full time with my nuclear family (and DH's extended family) in the Northeast. I've already thought about a second machine to live at my parents' house because of my desire/need to travel light, so the OP's question caught my attention.

Thanks, and sorry if I am hijacking, OP!

--willo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,303 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.