Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Seeking machine recommendations
RE: Seeking machine recommendations
(12-22-2012, 07:20 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Compare noise level, algorithm, what you see on the screen, what data you get, etc etc.
when it comes what you see on the screen ...there is no comparison
the S9 is the odd one out .... stand out

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2012, 06:58 PM)codger Wrote: There seems to be a pro S9 autoset bent on this site.

It's just the machine all the really cool kids have! Too-funny Dielaughing

ResMed does have a lot of innovative features, from the color display to the ClimateLine hose and humidity sensors to eliminate rainout and the ability to detect central apnea's, some of the other manufacturers are just now catching-up with their latest offerings.

The last real clinical study of Automatic CPAP's was done over 6 years ago and all the machines have changed a lot since then, maybe someone will do another one on the latest devices sometime soon.

Ren

Post Reply Post Reply
The AutoSet can be set to work exactly like the Elite, but also has the auto function. There's no downside other than the slight additional cost.

The data capable S9 machines record airflow waveforms, which the S8 machines don't. In my opinion, it's like having an EKG to monitor your heart condition vs. taking your pulse. If you have problems with your apnea, airflow waveforms are a very powerful tool to figure out what's really happening vs. simple recording of events.

The DeVilbiss doesn't record airflow waveforms, either. I would strongly advise against it.

The Philips Respironics System One (PRS1) machines are roughly equivalent to ResMed S9 machines. PRS1 auto is on par with S9 AutoSet. PRS1 Pro is on par with S9 Elite.

Don't confuse PRS1 Pro with AutoIQ with the PRS1 Auto. The "AutoIQ" is only auto for 30 days or so, then it locks itself out, but you can reset it.

Avoid PRS1 Plus or the DS150/DS160 models.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 10:05 AM)archangle Wrote: Don't confuse PRS1 Pro with AutoIQ with the PRS1 Auto. The "AutoIQ" is only auto for 30 days or so, then it locks itself out, but you can reset it.

Arch, did you want to include the AutoIQ machines on your list of machines to avoid, here? Or at least list a caveat about the AutoIQs?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2012, 08:39 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 06:58 PM)codger Wrote: There seems to be a pro S9 autoset bent on this site.

It's just the machine all the really cool kids have! Too-funny Dielaughing

The S9 AutoSet CS seems like an awesome machine, or its alarm companion, S9 AutoSet CS-A but they don't seem to be available on my continent.
Imagine! Something too good for us in North America.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 10:27 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 10:05 AM)archangle Wrote: Don't confuse PRS1 Pro with AutoIQ with the PRS1 Auto. The "AutoIQ" is only auto for 30 days or so, then it locks itself out, but you can reset it.

Arch, did you want to include the AutoIQ machines on your list of machines to avoid, here? Or at least list a caveat about the AutoIQs?
AutoIQ is not bad machine. if I,m not using S9 would consider the IQ
it can do almost everything for me just short of making Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 10:27 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

I can see I need to clarify that, thank you.

If the machine says "AutoIQ", it's a newer, improved version of the PRS1 Pro machine, not a PRS1 Auto machine. I think all PRS1 Pro machines now do AutoIQ.

No reason to avoid the AutoIQ, just don't mistake it for the "real" auto machine.

Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 03:13 PM)archangle Wrote: If the machine says "AutoIQ", it's a newer, improved version of the PRS1 Pro machine, not a PRS1 Auto machine. I think all PRS1 Pro machines now do AutoIQ.
if not mistaken the PRS1 AutoIQ Pro is 50 series machine
the new PRS1 Pro 60 series got no AutoIQ
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 03:29 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 03:13 PM)archangle Wrote: If the machine says "AutoIQ", it's a newer, improved version of the PRS1 Pro machine, not a PRS1 Auto machine. I think all PRS1 Pro machines now do AutoIQ.
if not mistaken the PRS1 AutoIQ Pro is 50 series machine
the new PRS1 Pro 60 series got no AutoIQ

I believe the current 60 series Pro machines all do the AutoIQ functions. They may or may not be labeled AutoIQ. Of course, Respironics has always had confusing labeling.

Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2012, 03:13 PM)archangle Wrote: I can see I need to clarify that, thank you.

No, thank YOU.. I read the revision... makes more sense to me now. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,337 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 302 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 627 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,383 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.