Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Septoplasty Post Op - Events
Septoplasty Post Op - Events
Hello Folks,

I had the septoplasty and turbinate reduced 10 days back and finally able to breathe through both my nostrils freely. I did not use CPAP for a week since my nose was fully clogged and my surgeon suggested to not use it for a week.

Last night was the first time I used after my op and I could not see any events. I usually get 3-4 AHI and I had a untreated apnea of 67 AHI. 

I'm surprised and shocked at the same time. Can the machine behave oddly ? or is it really correct? I'm waiting to try it out tonight and see.

After the surgery I'm not able to use it for the full night, so had to decrease my pressure to min 15 from 20.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Septoplasty Post Op - Events
It's good to see the low event rate, however your flow limitation is very high. That may improve as healing continues. It would be more helpful to see this in a comparison to pre-surgical charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Septoplasty Post Op - Events
Thank you, I really cant say from the charts if the flow limit is good or bad. 

In general i see the charts for the events and rest is all Greek to me. I should start to understand the graph more.

Below is one of the readings from pre-surgery.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 27 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 46 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,348 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 103 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 221 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 115 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.