Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine
RE: Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine [copied]
Hi claudeg, welcome to the forum!

Yep, sometimes these manufacturers don't offer much in the way of troubleshooting help. Wish it weren't so. Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Steven Wrote:
Quote:A View Inside a Respironics REMstar Pro CPAP Machine

an old REMstar Pro

[Image: CPAP_Machine_0001_653x490.jpg]

That is exactly the machine I currently have.
And I guess mine is old also since it was 7 years old in December 2010
Post Reply Post Reply
K2PA,(time=1325446998) Wrote:Has anyone found out what to do with the "service required" message on the RemStar Pro M CPAP? I have one displaying that message. Lights blink and it beeps flashing the message and will not work.
Hi K2PA, welcome to Apnea Board!

Please read the info in the above posts from this thread, you'll need to tell us your specific "service required code" from the list above.

For those who are having issues with a machine getting wet, unfortunately, once shorted out with water while the machine is plugged in, many CPAP circuit boards are no longer usable. The best you might be able to do is unplug the machine, let it dry out for several days and see if that helps.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
tina95948,(time=1327322040) Wrote:Well, it is 4:22 am and I have been trying for over an hour to get my machine to start working again. I have a REMstar/Plus and it is giving me the error code of E35. I don't know what to do to get it to working. I have been using this machine for almost 10 years and I have gotten to where I can't sleep without it. I have a 10 month old that isn't gonna understand that mommy is tired and he shouldn't be so energetic. Is there anything that anyone can think of to help me with my problem? Oh and this machine is so old it doesn't have a card.
Hi Tina, welcome to Apnea Board!

So sorry about this, what a pain... E35 code means your main circuit board needs to be replaced. At 10 years old, I'm amazed that this machine has lasted you this long... 5 years of consistent use is the standard service life of most CPAP machines.

It would not be worth it to try to repair this machine. Time to get a new one. There have been ENORMOUS improvements in CPAP machine technology since you got your REMstar Plus machine, both in effectiveness of treatment, comfort, noise reduction and data analysis.

I'd recommend you start reading about what machines others have gotten on the forum. I'd recommend you get a data-capable machine that has an SD card that can be used to view data with PC software like the free ResScan or SleepyHead computer programs (available here, link directions in our Private Files & Links area at the bottom of the forums). You may also wish to consider an auto-CPAP.

If you need further help, just ask. Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine
zonk Wrote:Hi Tina
I agree with SS it is time for a new machine. As your set pressure at the maximum 20, it might be good option to get data capable auto adjusting machine which can be operated in fixed pressure or auto range modes. Probably you,re not insured start with Supplier #2 (CPAP supplier List) they have good used and new machines at affordable prices.
Post Reply Post Reply
My REMstar only says service required -- is there a way to get it to display what the error code is?
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a CPAP while I was overseas, it is DEVILBISS DV51UK. after I used it for almost one year, I started to get the message Device Fault Error 07.
Can someone help me to take it to someone in California? The manufacturer is in PA. I understand that a chip need to be replaced.

Thanks much
Zack - So Cal
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 03:58 PM)zackisnasious Wrote: I bought a CPAP while I was overseas, it is DEVILBISS DV51UK. after I used it for almost one year, I started to get the message Device Fault Error 07.
Can someone help me to take it to someone in California? The manufacturer is in PA. I understand that a chip need to be replaced.

Thanks much
Zack - So Cal

Zack, not quite sure what you're asking, but if you go to Supplier #28 on our Supplier List (link is also at the top of every forum page), that company does CPAP repairs, and they are located in California, which (I think) is what you're asking about.

Hope this helps!

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello im getting error 54 code. Machine turns on beeps and alarm light stays on. Blower does not turn on is it a blower issue i have bipap st model 10128857
Post Reply Post Reply
I am adding a link to this old post to illustrate a common problem with PRS1 50 Series Machines.

The 550 series machines have a defect that was fixed in later models. The system board has a mounting hole over the top of the sensors, but no screw was inserted at the factory. The system board has a habit of lifting up just far enough to disengage the sensors causing the error. The solution is very easy. Open the case, locate the hole and insert a screw. You need some long shaft torx drivers to do this. It's this hole on the right side of the board with the mounting hole under it:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18008]

Put a #8 X 1/2 sheet metal screw in it

[attachment=18009]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=18009]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 626 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,736 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 368 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.