Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Setting [what to set for better sleep]
RE: Setting [what to set for better sleep]
Dear Friends,

I am suffering from COPD since July 2019. I was hospitalized thrice since then. I am under treatment for COPD and take medication as prescribed by the Doctors. My lungs are working on 58% efficiency. Last month, on 21st September I was visiting city of Chandigarh, North west of Delhi, at a distance of 250 KM.

On 28th September I had a severe attack of breathlessness. It was almost one hour before I could be given emergency treatment in a hospital. My condition was bad, breathlessness, spo2 at 86%,  and silent chest. Doctors put me on oxygen and various nebulizers  and some how revived me.
I was not on CPAP machine.

I was hospitalized till 3rd October and discharged after gaining some stability. Till today I am on heavy medication. My health is improving day by day and I am now steady on my feet. Post my discharge from hospital I tried to use CPAP but my lungs were uncomfortable with the pressure. The setting being 12 - 8 and EPR full time setting 3. I am unable to use CPAP even now

My query is how do I proceed further? With OSA and COPD could I continue with S9 Escape auto with nasal pillows or do I have switch over to BIPAP.
BIPAP machines are expensive in India. Please suggest the best option.

Thanks, and regards

Yours truly

RK  Dutta
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up BIPAP at home. Can it be done? Torres2020 3 107 Yesterday, 07:37 AM
Last Post: happydreams
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 12 271 10-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dapal
  Mask type Setting on Respironics Crispy983 11 1,297 10-18-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: jas102543
  Temperature Setting Missing - ResMed Air 10 paulod57 4 142 10-18-2020, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Setting up Craigslist ASV? IUsedToSnore 44 1,551 08-27-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: IUsedToSnore
  Setting assistance Big Timber 7 304 08-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Help Setting ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet andee.kumar95 4 351 08-09-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.