Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Setting [what to set for better sleep]
RE: Setting [what to set for better sleep]
Dear Friends,

I am suffering from COPD since July 2019. I was hospitalized thrice since then. I am under treatment for COPD and take medication as prescribed by the Doctors. My lungs are working on 58% efficiency. Last month, on 21st September I was visiting city of Chandigarh, North west of Delhi, at a distance of 250 KM.

On 28th September I had a severe attack of breathlessness. It was almost one hour before I could be given emergency treatment in a hospital. My condition was bad, breathlessness, spo2 at 86%,  and silent chest. Doctors put me on oxygen and various nebulizers  and some how revived me.
I was not on CPAP machine.

I was hospitalized till 3rd October and discharged after gaining some stability. Till today I am on heavy medication. My health is improving day by day and I am now steady on my feet. Post my discharge from hospital I tried to use CPAP but my lungs were uncomfortable with the pressure. The setting being 12 - 8 and EPR full time setting 3. I am unable to use CPAP even now

My query is how do I proceed further? With OSA and COPD could I continue with S9 Escape auto with nasal pillows or do I have switch over to BIPAP.
BIPAP machines are expensive in India. Please suggest the best option.

Thanks, and regards

Yours truly

RK  Dutta
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello friends.

I am patient of COPD. 
my current reports are attached.
I have purchased a Resmed lumis 150 ST Vpap machine. Please check my report and suggest the best possible setting which I can use to improve my therapy.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
additional report
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 158 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,187 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 386 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.