Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fatigued daily. 29M. Did Resmed ApneaLink study. Said I'm fine. Should i try watchpat
Fatigued daily. 29M. Did Resmed ApneaLink study. Said I'm fine. Should i try watchpat
I'm not convinced I don't have sleep apnea due to how horrible I feel all day especially in the mornings I find it hard to wake up. I'm fatigued and feel awful all the time. Depressed and anxious too. results of home study at the bottom. Imgur link not working because I'm new??? I need people to see it.
I have conjested sinuses every night. Deep bags under my eyes.
I bought a Watchpat One off Lofta.com and now I'm 2nd guessing spending $200 almost on this thing and wondering if it's worth doing or send it back. I need help...
I also don't feel sleepy during the day or a need to nap. I just feel so depressed and crappy with fatigue I lay around a lot..

Should I just say goodbye to. The $189 and do the watchpat even though I did the Resmed home study?!

http://imgur.com/a/ac8s5TH
[Image: DDpriN5.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fatigued daily. 29M. Did Resmed ApneaLink study. Said I'm fine. Should i try watchpat
Have you seen a doctor about your depression and anxiety? It would probably be a good idea. Depression itself can make a person feel tired all the time. Add in anxiety and it's even worse. I know this from experience. There are good medications that can help a lot with these issues. I didn't want to take any, but they have made a wonderful difference in my life. I'll be praying for you. I know how hard all this is.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fatigued daily. 29M. Did Resmed ApneaLink study. Said I'm fine. Should i try watchpat
Have you discussed results with a doctor? You can go several ways with this, and a mix of some sort will likely result in the best answer. You could use the second test, but it may end up reporting similarly. Why not return it and use the refund towards getting a ResMed AutoSet 10 or 11? Talk with doc about a script with the understanding you buy a PAP yourself.

Second action involving doctor still. What else have you been tested for involving fatigue, anxiety, depression, poor sleep?

Third, how is your sleep hygiene? Work on bringing this into a better state and see if it helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most Americans and people in general have poor sleep habits.  These poor habit can make you feel bad.  Read here and make changes accordingly. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_tips. Hint #10 can be a big one.

Secondly.  Depression and anxiety is real and we all have it.  Its something you wish you didn't have but it will not just go away.  Like all problems in life we have to search out the things that we fear, bother us, make us anxious and so on.  We then have to work to understand, make peace with and overcome them.  We all do this your not alone.  These types of thing often have stigma and we sometimes think if we ignore it it will get better.  It doesn't just go away you have to confront it and solve it.  Just like physical aliments we "do" something about it like just take a pill, have surgery, exercise more ect.   Non physical elements must be confronted in the same way.  You have to go to the doctor and say I am depressed and I cant solve this.  I need help learning what to do like talk about it, meditate, take a pill, go to therapy and other things.
Here is a great TED talk on Depression.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5IX-np5fE

As far as throwing money away.  Nothing wrong with a second opinion.  Just so you know over the course of your life you will "throw a-lot of money away".  Dont let it worry you too much.  Do what feels right to you.  If you want to take the test do it.  If for any reason if you will wonder latter about if you should have done the watchpat go do it.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 01:05 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: Have you seen a doctor about your depression and anxiety?  It would probably be a good idea.  Depression itself can make a person feel tired all the time.  Add in anxiety and it's even worse.  I know this from experience.  There are good medications that can help a lot with these issues.  I didn't want to take any, but they have made a wonderful difference in my life.  I'll be praying for you.  I know how hard all this is.

I have tried several antidepressants and 6 therapist. I am lonely and don't enjoy life at all. I keep holding onto the possibility of OSA because my dad has it and I could too. I'm thin though. He isn't... But I might try another med. I just want to be diagnosed with something. I just got home from work and feel awful and I'm in bed...
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 01:44 PM)factor Wrote: Most Americans and people in general have poor sleep habits.  These poor habit can make you feel bad.  Read here and make changes accordingly. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_tips. Hint #10 can be a big one.

Secondly.  Depression and anxiety is real and we all have it.  Its something you wish you didn't have but it will not just go away.  Like all problems in life we have to search out the things that we fear, bother us, make us anxious and so on.  We then have to work to understand, make peace with and overcome them.  We all do this your not alone.  These types of thing often have stigma and we sometimes think if we ignore it it will get better.  It doesn't just go away you have to confront it and solve it.  Just like physical aliments we "do" something about it like just take a pill, have surgery, exercise more ect.   Non physical elements must be confronted in the same way.  You have to go to the doctor and say I am depressed and I cant solve this.  I need help learning what to do like talk about it, meditate, take a pill, go to therapy and other things.
Here is a great TED talk on Depression.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5IX-np5fE

As far as throwing money away.  Nothing wrong with a second opinion.  Just so you know over the course of your life you will "throw a-lot of money away".  Dont let it worry you too much.  Do what feels right to you.  If you want to take the test do it.  If for any reason if you will wonder latter about if you should have done the watchpat go do it.

I looked at the sleep hygiene list. Seems you're right. #10 was the one that relates to me. I get in bed and immediatly look at my phone. But then 15 to 25 min late I fall asleep. I'm curious, how could this affect me while I'm sleeping? I need to exercise more...I need to eat vegetables lol. I don't eat much of them. I eat chips daily too.

So depression and anxiety and being touch starved could easily contribute to feeling MALAISE and fatigued everyday? I experience anhedonia daily too. I will watch the TED talk while I eat dinner here soon. I have already been to my doctor and a psychiatrist and all they do is offer me pills. The clonazepam works for bad anxiety. Lexapro made me feel worse when I quit cold turkey off it. I haven't felt the same since I quit cold turkey Lexapro. 

Hahah too true about throwing money away. I need to realize it's not a big deal and I can afford it. I will do the watchpat one so I can compare the results. An in lab would be $750 and it sounds horrible being away from home with wires attached to me. I do want to take the test honestly. I will take the test this week! 

You have a great way with words and I truly appreciate you replying to my thread. Sorry for the late response. I find it hard to motivate myself to communicate with people.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 01:29 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Have you discussed results with a doctor? You can go several ways with this, and a mix of some sort will likely result in the best answer. You could use the second test, but it may end up reporting similarly. Why not return it and use the refund towards getting a ResMed AutoSet 10 or 11? Talk with doc about a script with the understanding you buy a PAP yourself.

Second action involving doctor still. What else have you been tested for involving fatigue, anxiety, depression, poor sleep?

Third, how is your sleep hygiene? Work on bringing this into a better state and see if it helps.

I have discussed it and the ENT did a endoscopy on me. She struggled to get the scope up my nasal passages. They are blocked quite often. Not sure what to do about it. All she suggested was Flonase. Anyways. My dad has a dreamstation that he doesn't use because he hates his cpap. He has OSA. He will be returning it for a new machine soon. Perhaps I'll try using his new machine.

I have tested the following blood tests if you'd like to take a look. These are from Oct2020. http://imgur.com/a/XR9ws6a

Good idea with the sleep hygiene. Mine is okay. I do browse my phone in bed until I get sleepy.... I'm truly addicted to my phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, did you happen to use flonase on the day of the at home sleep study?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2021, 08:06 PM)blancobonzo Wrote: Hey, did you happen to use flonase on the day of the at home sleep study?

I've never used it before. I don't remember using anything that night. 
Im opening the watchpat one now. Hope this isn't a waste of $189....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.