Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Settings in Clinicians Mode for S9's
Settings in Clinicians Mode for S9's
I have an S9 Auto Set and am wondering; in the Daily Sleep Report in Clinicians Mode, what does the pressure represent...average for the night or peak pressure? I ask this to help me determine a more efficient pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings in Clinicians Mode for S9's
Welcome to the forum, Matt1959

The pressure in daily sleep report represent 95th percentile pressure which means pressure was at or below this number for 95% of the night
Post Reply Post Reply
Here some links you might find useful:

SleepyHead and ResScan software download links http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

The clinical manual is available via Email, this would explain more stuff not available in the user guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup videos and pictures http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 data management guide http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf

RobySue master class in data interpretation and SleepyHead stuff
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matt1959,
WELCOME! to the forum,! zonk has got you pretty well covered with lots of links and good information.
Hang in there for more responses to your question and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help and the links.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2014, 03:42 PM)zonk Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Matt1959

The pressure in daily sleep report represent 95th percentile pressure which means pressure was at or below this number for 95% of the night

So should we set the lower pressure at 95%? If, for instance, the average pressure for 95% of the night was 10, would we set the lower pressure at 9.5?

If so, does the higher pressure follow a similar formula?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 06:36 AM)Caddyshack Wrote: So should we set the lower pressure at 95%? If, for instance, the average pressure for 95% of the night was 10, would we set the lower pressure at 9.5?

This is a good question that I too have asked. To my knowledge, so far, the selection of a pressure range is so personalized with so many variables that a rule of thumb is difficult to establish. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 06:36 AM)Caddyshack Wrote: So should we set the lower pressure at 95%? If, for instance, the average pressure for 95% of the night was 10, would we set the lower pressure at 9.5?

I set my minimum pressure slightly lower than 95th percentile and maximum bit higher, so the machine can adjust pressure up when needed such as sleeping supine or just zonked out.
My settings 9-14, on average (approx) ... median 10 - 95P 11 - max 12

This is not a recipe for everyone, just happen to work for me and not prone to central apnea or flow limitation. On the whole doctors use the 95P pressure as a guide to setup fixed pressure machine. If not mistaken, PRS1 Pro programmed when on auto trial mode to uses 90th percentile pressure as CPAP pressure setting
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the 95th percentile is close to your maximum pressure. It means that the pressure was below that value for 95% of the night. In other words, if you sleep for ten hours, you will be below the 95 percentile for 9.5 of those hours. If you set your minimum pressure to that, then you will be getting too much pressure for most of the night. I've drawn a rough chart to demonstrate - if the total time elapsed between the pairs of green lines is 5% of the total night, then the red line represents the 95 percentile pressure.

[attachment=910]

As Zonk says it varies for different people. My pressures range from about 8 up to 20 with the 95% being around 18. There's no way I could sleep with 18 all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2014, 07:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: It means that the pressure was below that value for 95% of the night.
AT OR BELOW, don,t forget AT
You cannot tell much from just the number on the screen sleep report, you need the pressure graph to see the details

On this note, off to bed we go Dreaming
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 679 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Flow Rate Interpretation and PAP Mode / Pressure Settings Suggestions ABC1234 3 605 10-16-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ABC1234
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.