Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Should I Go Rogue?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
18 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Should I Go Rogue?
RE: Should I Go Rogue?
Looks like the pressure never moved off 8.0 except for the normal departures by Philips' algorithm and a short increase at 5:00 am. So you enjoyed generally lower pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like a good night! How do you feel.

I double checked and my PR DreamStation on fixed CPAP is reporting RERA events!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks rather good. You are getting flow limitations reported now with the change that you made. What I did was instead of reporting the AHI, I switched it to RDI. This will give you a number that includes reras, flow limitations, OA, H and CA's. It will give you a higher number but I feel it represents all of what may be interfering with your sleep.

Your leaks look much better.

Also, do you have any idea what happened between 6 and 6:30. You have no events but you flow rate was narrowed. This happens to me at times also. Maybe someone can comment on that.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I felt/feel good. Seems I was at 9 cmH2O most of the night, the minimum I set it for? What's the difference between the red line and the green in the Pressure graph? The AHI seems pretty decent. The mask was the Respironics Dreamwear, which in my case I notice produces the slight therapeutic oxymoron of a higher leak rate yet a lower AHI.

Dunno what happened between 6 and 6:30, maybe both sides of the Dreamwear being squeezed? At one point I did go for a latrine run Dancing in the... wee hours. Dielaughing

One night out does not a rogue make Banana , so I'll keep at it for a few more nights with the same mask, then perhaps switch out that variable.
Post Reply Post Reply
The green line is your Flex setting. It drops the pressure by up to 2cm on PR machines and helps when you are exhaling.

As long as your feel good, keep your current setting for at least a week to get a trend.

Low AHI's aren't everything, how you feel and your comfort is more important.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The green line is the lowest exhale pressure resulting from Cflex/Aflex. It is a brief pressure reduction on the Dreamstation units. Between 6:00 and 6:30 you exhaled from your mouth and inhaled through your nose. It's not that unusual, but it cuts off the exhale reported by the machine. Zoom in and have a better look.

[Image: fG0dQXD.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the Sleepyheads from the rest of the week. Though it was a pretty busy week at work, etc., overall the results seem pretty good and the sleep felt good, too.

So, should I continue at these settings, revert to the original ones, or modify them to something different?

[Image: 3j9Fuc3.png]

[Image: JKiwgoS.png]

[Image: PCOcbue.png]

[Image: pIoJ9oY.png]

[Image: PeaLCqr.png]

[Image: eKuWmrs.png]

[Image: vkX7XFv.png]

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
You have essentially eliminated OA, and have inconsistent and infrequent hypopnea. This is what successful treatment should look like. If you feel like trying 0.5 increase in minimum pressure, that would be the only thing that might further reduce these minor events. The main thing now is that you are starting to feel the benefits of the therapy and are mostly comfortable with where you're at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the guidance and the words of encouragement. I-love-Apnea-Board

Since I seem to be in a good place with the machine tweaks, now I think I'll try another variable, the mask. Think I'll go with my Nuance Pro with these new settings for the next several days and compare with this previous week using the Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the Nuance Pro Gel at 9 and 12 looks OK, doesn't it? Smile 

[Image: yHsf6cB.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High CA Low AHI & tired, ENT Refused treatment, going rogue storesmoothie 2 845 04-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone gone rogue? (No insurance) SCgargoyle 29 3,228 05-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Going rogue, temporarily at least allanri 4 1,201 09-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  A warning about rogue USB SD-card readers Fats Drywaller 2 1,661 05-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon pbwebb 14 11,381 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM
  [split] Going "Rogue" - MyAir leak results Matzaball2016 2 1,414 04-12-2017, 08:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.