Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Should I Go Rogue?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
18 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Should I Go Rogue?
Cool 
Should I Go Rogue?
I've been on CPAP since May, and my prescription was for 10 cmH2O, so that's what my DreamStation was programmed to when I got it. However, my DreamStation is the Auto model, so it's capable of more than just a straight 10 CPAP.

I've been toying with the idea of putting it through its paces, so to speak, and reprogramming it to some auto settings, just to see what this baby can do. Like climbing Mount Everest, simply because it's there. Cool

On the other hand, though I've been taking several masks out for a spin[Image: smiley_drive.gif], looking for a favorite, or at least a pattern of rotation among them, the machine itself I've just let be, and it seems to be quite OK for me as is: My AHI is in the 1s and 2s, I'm comfortable at 10 cmH2O and I'm fully compliant, so all's well. Why fix it if it ain't broke, right?

But still, knowing that the machine is capable of more makes me itchy to go rogue. Should I?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Should I Go Rogue?
Well it's not exactly sky diving! So go ahead and take the dive. Pressures will change at some point might as well get a jump on them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a rank newbie myself so take this for what it's worth but I tend to agree with "if it ain't broke don't fix it".
Post Reply Post Reply
SWsabre,
You can drive in first gear all the time. You can shift to second, third and fourth gears also. It's not fixing something it's using something.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My take is this: get the info and research the concepts of the how's and what's on adjusting your CPAP. In other words know how to adjust, what to adjust and why you are adjusting. Otherwise, it's like turning knobs on a radio just because the knobs are there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well if you post your data we can help you with you test drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine manages your apnea well at a fixed pressure of 10, it will do great at 8-12. I'm also quite the rogue, so, I say go for it, and you can always return to what worked. Auto pressure is not for everyone. Be aware that it can be disruptive to sleep for some. Most of us like the auto pressure, and find it more comfortable. YMMV. Your therapy, your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3856]
(09-21-2017, 08:58 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Well if you post your data we can help you with you test drive.

Ok, here's an example. Happy Eyes

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3856]
Post Reply Post Reply
Go Rogue!
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Go for it. We play when we're kids to learn. Play with the numbers, you probably will learn something, If not about the machine but about yourself, or both.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High CA Low AHI & tired, ENT Refused treatment, going rogue storesmoothie 2 845 04-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone gone rogue? (No insurance) SCgargoyle 29 3,228 05-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Going rogue, temporarily at least allanri 4 1,201 09-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  A warning about rogue USB SD-card readers Fats Drywaller 2 1,660 05-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon pbwebb 14 11,381 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM
  [split] Going "Rogue" - MyAir leak results Matzaball2016 2 1,414 04-12-2017, 08:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.