Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Should I Go Rogue?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
18 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[CPAP] Should I Go Rogue?
RE: Should I Go Rogue?
I have a Philips system one auto. I had it at a fixed 10. I put it on auto with a range of 10 to 10.5 because it would then display flow limitations(I believe). I wonder if the Dreamstation is the same way. Because of the higher amount of rera's and flow limitations that I was getting, I thought that I could get better results running from 9.5 to 13. I would say that this has improved my results and usually my pressure is under 11.

I see that you have a cluster of hypopneas. This may be a positional problem like sleeping on your back. Also I would think that your mask leaks could be lower.

So my answer is go rogue.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Two thoughts: one, if it ain't broke, don't fix it; and two, you never know if you can make it better unless you experiment. I say, go rogue only after loading software and getting two weeks of base line information for comparison purposes.

Post the results and some of the data ... and let the wisdom of the crowds inform your next decision.

Wishing you better tomorrows.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Go rogue!

It may not work out, but you'll never know.........you can always go back. Try Auto 9 min - 12 max.

Just a thought, you have used your machine in Cpap mode. If you decide to stay with cpap mode after your rogue trial, then set your machine to Auto Mode 10 min and 10 max. The reason is that the auto mode will show us Rera's and Flow Limation where straight Cpap mode won't. Well that's how it works on the System One, not sure about DreamStation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So maybe between 9 and 12? What kinds of improvements could I potentially see?

Here's some more data, my statistics summary:

[Image: YWr524f.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2017, 07:04 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Well it's not exactly sky diving! So go ahead and take the dive. Pressures will change at some point might as well get a jump on them.

speaking of skydiving, I've heard it suggested not to do it if you typically fail on the first attempt at new things
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2017, 08:36 AM)Sheepish Wrote: So maybe between 9 and 12? What kinds of improvements could I potentially see?

Here's some more data, my statistics summary:

[Image: YWr524f.png]

No one can really say if you'll see an improvement, but give it a few days. Don't base a rogue trial on one day.

I choose 9cm as a minimum because a DreamStation is slower to react to Apnea events. Trying to keep it close to 10 was what you were using.

Here's the thing, your AHI isn't bad at all. It boils down to how you feel. It is known that some folk just don't tolerate pressure changes too well and are more comfortable with a straight pressure setting.
You may be one of those folk.

Just watch your leak rate. Try to determine if you are mouth breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a newbie here, though not new to CPAP.  I'd say take the auto for a spin.  You'll know if it's right for you and you can always revert back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2017, 07:04 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Go rogue!  

It may not work out, but you'll never know.........you can always go back.  Try Auto 9 min - 12 max.

Just a thought, you have used your machine in Cpap mode.  If you decide to stay with cpap mode after your rogue trial, then set your machine to Auto Mode 10 min and 10 max.  The reason is that the auto mode will show us Rera's and Flow Limation where straight Cpap mode won't.  Well that's how it works on the System One, not sure about DreamStation.

I'm using the DreamStation Auto in CPAP mode fixed at 9 with Cflex + 1. I'll have to double check my stat's but I'm thinking it's showing RERA events but not flow limits events. I'll follow up after checking.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool  OK, here I go...

...9 min. and 12 max....

...poll says everybody voted yes...

Is this like when people yell up at the guy on the ledge of a building, "Jump! Jump!" Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool First night's results are in. Feel OK. Coffee

Here's the Sleepyhead. Have at it! Eat-popcorn 

[Image: fG0dQXD.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High CA Low AHI & tired, ENT Refused treatment, going rogue storesmoothie 2 858 04-04-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone gone rogue? (No insurance) SCgargoyle 29 3,272 05-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Going rogue, temporarily at least allanri 4 1,216 09-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  A warning about rogue USB SD-card readers Fats Drywaller 2 1,666 05-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Going "Rogue" - Buying a CPAP Machine on Amazon pbwebb 14 11,435 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM
  [split] Going "Rogue" - MyAir leak results Matzaball2016 2 1,426 04-12-2017, 08:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.