Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Side-sleeper pillows
Side-sleeper pillows
Are the special pillows for side-sleeping effective at eliminating leaks?
Any suggestions for best brand/model?
Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Side-sleeper pillows
RWN59, before you go out and buy one, you may want to try what I do, I have the bottom pillow vertical (across as normal) and I have my top pillow horizontal (up and down the bed), I find that there is less real estate on the top pillow to know the mask, give it a try, if it works for you it will save you some money on buying a new pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Improvization! Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 12:29 AM)RWN59 Wrote: Are the special pillows for side-sleeping effective at eliminating leaks?
Any suggestions for best brand/model?
Thank You

I went to the expense of purchasing one and used it for a few nights and was dissapointed. It was during the time I was trying a Full Face Mask, which didn't last long either. Went back to two pillows, the top one at 90 degrees to the other.

I'm not saying it won't work for you.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine works for me.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband has been using one I purchased for him at least 4 or 5 years ago and he feels it helps him. I don't know the brand, but it is one that's shaped sort of like a chunky H.

This is the closest I could come to what he has. It needs a king size pillow case and it still gets cramped around the edges, but works.

[Image: c_pap_pillow_001.jpg]

I personally use Swift FX Bella nasal pillows, which give me side and stomach sleeping freedom. I just have a small, easily manipulated pillow that I put mainly under my neck and just a little under my cheeks.
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the "PAPillow". Just Google it. Mine is the double edge. It comes with a fitted pillow case. I've had it over a year and still use it every night. I had to buy a replacement pillow case so you might want to pick up an extra when you buy it to avoid the extra shipping costs.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am interested in this topic too, as my husband is thinking of getting a cpap pillow. He has been using a full face mask but is going to try a nasal mask with a chin strap. He sleeps on his side quite a bit and doesn't feel like a regular pillow is working for him. There are so many choices that it is hard to decide which cpap pillow to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2013, 08:34 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I have the "PAPillow".

Last summer I accidentally left it behind at a B&B. So this time I bought two, along with two extra pillow cases.

I have to say that this is the best pillow I've ever had. I would use it even if I didn't have sleep apnea.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side sleeper and I have a pretty small, ultra soft pillow (but not a PAP pillow specifically) that I use. Doesn't bother me and I have good leak + AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 400 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 385 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 256 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.