Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] SleepyHead
SleepyHead
Based on your recommendations:
I now have SleepyHead... have a months worth of data and I'm working on understanding what it all means...
"a little learning is a dangerous thing, drink deep..." Alexander Pope

I've been to ApneaBoard Wiki and SleepyHead Online information...
The thing I would like to understand is "are there standard measurements"...?
I know avg. AHI 5 or below is good... but what about peak AHI of 25 during the night...?
What about all the other measurements provided by SleepyHead... I see definitions in the Glossary but would like more information...
Is there a source to understand these numbers/norms/guidelines...?
For example: Tidal Volume norm?
Resp. Rate norm?
etc...

Attached please find summary info for a single day...
Thanks in advance from someone who is working on learning...
Even at my age.... :-)
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead
I think Peak AHI is an odd statistic and I've often wondered why they bothered. It's where they take the hour you had the most events and say that if you had continued the rest of the night like this, your AHI would have been 25. I think. But that's a straight number and not an average which is what the AHI is.

As for the rest as to what a norm is, no clue. Good questions and I look forward to the answers!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepyHead
I agree you are asking good questions. I don't know the answers either.
What I look at is the event flags and how they correlate to each other.
A cluster of obstructive events at the same time as a large leak. An apnea followed by hyponea or an o2 desat as displayed by my separate SPO2 recording device. You can learn to see patterns or anomalies, that is when you make judgements about what you can change to improve your overall outcome. You might need to adjust your mask or replace it. Maybe adjust your pressure if you are constantly at the max or min settings. After adjustments did you improve, stay the same or get worse. Time for corrections?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.