Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Software for reading data on sd card
Can anyone tell me if there is "free" software I can download to read the data on my ResMed escape machine? Regards, Bill.Thanks[/size]
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed Escape series does not collect data to read. You were taken advantage of by your DME when they gave you that machine. I would advise you work with your doctor to get an updated script for a full data machine and take this one back immediately. You normally only have 30 days. You want at least the Elite series.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Mark is correct. The S9 Escape is not a data-capable machine.

Please read Archangle's article on machine choices, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Once you get a data-capable machine, you will need to get a cheap $15-20 SD card reader for your personal computer, and then install the software. You can find info on how to get software for free in this area:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

(forum login required to access the above link).

The two main software packages are ResScan (only works with ResMed machines) and SleepyHead (works with both newer ResMed, Philips-Respironics and DeVilbiss Intellipap machines).

Sleep-well
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi billy,,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What STL Mark ans SuperSleeper said.
Best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, it at least gives me something to follow up. I wanted to monitor my "apnea" events myself and keep check of things in general. Smile God bless all!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2013, 12:12 PM)billy.bates Wrote: Can anyone tell me if there is "free" software I can download to read the data on my ResMed escape machine? Regards, Bill.Thanks[/size]

I made the same mistake. I got the ResMed Escape but was able to go back to my provider and upgrade to the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. There are 2 software programs I found on Apnea Board. The Sleepyhead and ResScan software. Since there is so much support for the Sleepyhead software I opted to use it instead of the ResScan. I was not able to download it, however, because my internet protection software (Norton 360) reported it was not safe. Since so many were and had been using it for years I decided to override Norton and download it anyway. On downloading it Norton said it contained the "Trojan Gen 2" virus. I decided then to trust the Norton software and use the ResScan software. I know the author of Sleepyhead swears that it doesn't contain "malware" but I trust Norton to know whether it does or doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-16-2016, 08:14 AM)Hawker19 Wrote: SleepyHead . . . On downloading it Norton said it contained the "Trojan Gen 2" virus. I decided then to trust the Norton software . . . I know the author of Sleepyhead swears that it doesn't contain "malware" but I trust Norton to know whether it does or doesn't.

My internet provider provides Norton A/V for free and I tried it. Over time(about a month) it started flagging everything as a virus. I started looking at reviews for this product and found many of them listed the problems I was having with it. I have since moved on to other A/V software. . . No more problems!

Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 08:56 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 08:14 AM)Hawker19 Wrote: SleepyHead . . . On downloading it Norton said it contained the "Trojan Gen 2" virus. I decided then to trust the Norton software . . . I know the author of Sleepyhead swears that it doesn't contain "malware" but I trust Norton to know whether it does or doesn't.

My internet provider provides Norton A/V for free and I tried it. Over time(about a month) it started flagging everything as a virus. I started looking at reviews for this product and found many of them listed the problems I was having with it. I have since moved on to other A/V software. . . No more problems!

I just found out that it is possible for Norton flag viruses when there are none. My error. If everybody is using SleepyHead with no problems I may change to another virus protection software. Thanks for the heads up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2016, 08:56 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:

Which A/V software are you using now?
Post Reply Post Reply

"Which A/V software are you using now?"

NOD32/ESET
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping ronstar77 52 1,268 06-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ronstar77
  ResMed AirSense 10--SD data card? Agabaga 30 1,089 05-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  [Equipment] How to move data to new machine/sd card (Airsense 10) ac110 2 214 04-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  data card ppowers 6 391 04-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Matzaball2016
  How Much DATA will SD Card Hold steve823 7 377 03-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 31 31,741 03-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Copy data from internal storage to SD card on Dreamstation bketchel 5 300 03-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred