Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Solution for redeye flights?
Solution for redeye flights?
My facebook feed has been littered with advertisements for a 'mini-cpap' called Airing. I'm not looking to replace my machine, but would like something small to use on redeye flights and even the occasional afternoon nap. Does anyone have any experience with the Airing? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Solution for redeye flights?
If it really existed., but it doesn't.  It's a scam designed to part a fool from his money.  Please reference the following threads:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=Airing
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=Airing

For more threads and posts, use the Search feature, located at the top of the page, and  type in the term, "airing".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll ditto what Crimson Nape says. Not sure of the minute details, but it's a scam of some sort.

There are a few real CPAP devices that are compact. I'm not trying to sell you nor persuade you in any fashion, but I'd stick with brand names like ResMed AirMini, Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go, or possibly the Transcend device. I've never used any, but they seem to be decent quality, etc. I think someone had posted some of these devices here under product reviews. Research research research before spending the money IMO.
Hope it helps and  Welcome

Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, boy!

An Airing thread!  I think I'm gonna go pop a bag of corn!

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
You take requests, OMMOHY? Extra butter and the seasoned shaker stuff called Kernel Seasons. Try it sometime. It's next to the popcorn in the grocery store. Bye.

Dave B
Eat-popcorn Coffee

PS how silly of me. Although I like it, YMMV!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I have heard, OSA tends to be much more mild when sitting up.  That plus a cervical collar is my plan for a red-eye flight I have in November.  I will have my machine with me just in case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,097 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Battery solution needed sumitsimlai 8 923 07-24-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: sumitsimlai
  Was there a solution for “Check Power?” Jeffo1 12 11,439 04-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Thomas S
  Jolting awake with sharp inhale, a solution McPhearson99 0 568 04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: McPhearson99
  [Treatment] BiPAP but no solution: AHI, aerophagia and zombiehood ak99 3 780 08-16-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ak99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.