Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Some advice [MarkC]
Some advice [MarkC]
Hello everyone,
      I have decided to get comfortable with my AirSense 10 Autoset before posting anything here but I would appreciate some advice. I started using my machine on April 7th and initially found it very difficult to get comfortable, I am sure this is usual.  I am finding it very hard to use the machine for more than 2/3 hours although I have had one night of over 7 hours using the machine back on the 19th April. I have decided to keep the settings quite low for the time being as I had a couple of occasions of waking up feeling a lot of pressure and gasping a bit. When I first started I followed someones advice on the forum about starting low and adding 0.2 to the pressure every two days until I saw a sweet spot. Anyway I will attach my overview results and statistics from Oscar here and if anyone could suggest something it would be fantastic. I did look at the board rules for attaching Oscar files, they appear to  describe the process and not what to post so I am hoping these two images are a start until some suggests looking at more specific days.

Many thanks,
Mark

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Some advice [MarkC]
The chart we really need to see is the Daily Details as shown in the Organizing Oscar Chart in my signature links. You appear to be using settngs of 5.0 to 6.4 with EPR 2. In spite of these low pressures (EPAP cannot exceed 4.0) your AHI is very low. Hours of use are generally less than a couple hours. I think I'd like to see you change your settings to a minimum pressure of 7.0 and maximum pressure of 10.0. I doubt the machine will increase pressure, but at least you will have some flow. If you could comment on your last sleep test and its findings that might help us to understand any issues. If you are really sleeping more comfortably without the CPAP then how severe is untreated AHI?

Your profile shows an S8 Spriit II machine, so you should update your profile at the UserCP link in the upper right corner of all pages. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider,
      I will raise my pressure tonight and post results tomorrow. Will also show my sleep study results at the same time. I had tried to change my profile but it looked like read only so I gave up. The 'edit' I guess is not obvious but won't forget now. When you say EPAP shouldn't be above 4.0, is there anything I should do with my machine to affect this?

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe what Sleeprider means that your current settings shows 5-6.4 and an EPR setting of 2 (5-Epr2=4 to 6.4-EPR2=4.4). In other words, EPR subtracts from your pressure, but it cannot go below 4 no matter what the settings say. Try the settings he suggested to get a bit more air and comfort. If you increase the pressures as he suggests, EPR can actually do its job of pressure relief.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SD94. May take a day or two to get my last sleep study as my GP is harder to see through these C-19 times but I have changed the pressure to 7-10 as suggested. I appear to wake up many times for no obstructive reason, that is obvious from the charts, but I just want to take the mask off.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad for the short use there. How did you feel after it? Did the adjustments change the feel at all?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny,  I didn't remember taking the mask off, which usually I do, so not sure about that one. Probably went to bed slightly later than normal but did feel OK when I woke up. Early days but will continue with this pressure and see if a pattern forms. Will upload some screenshots over a week or so and see how we go. I feel as if I have some direction now.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Keep at it, things will get better with time.
Post Reply Post Reply
As suggested here are the first 3 pages of my sleep study I did in 2016, wow didn't realise it was that long ago

And the last 2 pages. Sorry for the quality, you'd think something more than a faxed image would have been appropriate in 2016!

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the detail for last night. Over 3 hours there but when I woke I could not get back to sleep

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 252 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.