Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Sooo...
Sooo...
I have pretty much been stalking threads here and haven't posted. I am new here with a new apnea diagnosis. I had a sleep study and slept aprox 4 hours and in that time stopped breathing 364 times! Yes, 364... Dr said was one of the worse cases he has observed.  I ended up crying and feel scared. Started therapy with AirSense 10 Auto set and Amara View mask and switched to Resmed AirFit F10. I have SleepyHead software but discovered my AirSense is missing the SD card -_- . Anyhow, here to have like minds/situation and any input to help with this apnea journey.  Sleep-well Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sooo...
Welcome. Hope you have seen some things you can already use to take control of your treatment.
---
Hope you get your SD card soon, there are a lot of options.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

The great news is you've figured out you have apnea... AND there is a treatment for it!

You can do this!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day JulesAnn. Welcome to Apnea Board.

364 event in four hours is an AHI of 91, which is close to being a record, but there are one or two others here who were a little bit higher. Still, it's not something to be trifled with and it's good you now have your machine.

We tend to be data junkies here, and if you have any particular problems the first response will be "Show us your SleepyHead charts". You can use any basic type SD card from a camera or electronics store - there's absolutely nothing special about the Resmed one except the price.

Don't hesitate to post about any problems - there are plenty of people here who can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JulesAnn,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Getting that diagnosis can be scary, we've all been through it. Be sure to get an SD card, and when you are ready and need help, post your questions here in the forum. We have many knowledgeable folk that can help.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...re-success
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi  JulesAnn, welcome to the forum where you can find good information, great help and support from fellow travelers. Starting with your high number of apnea events you should see some rapid improvement with treatment. Go ahead and get the SD card (as close as your nearest WalMart, Walgreens etc.) and get ready to post your data. That's when you will begin to receive helpful input. Best wishes in your treatment,

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the best forum on the internet for Sleep Apnea advice! DeepBreathing summed everything up for you perfectly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine too did not have sdcard. I just went to staples and picked one up. Any of them will work. Plug it in. No problem. Then download sleepyhead on computer, transfer data to sleepyhead. Then post it on imgur and then post from there to the board so people can help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JulesAnn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know all of this can be overwhelming, but you have come to the right place for help.
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 288 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sooo tired Phatkid77 5 1,470 07-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phatkid77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.