Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling with New Machine - Screenshots Posted
RE: Struggling with New Machine - Screenshots Posted
I am trying to fix my leak problem that I have always had and ever since switching to the cover all stretch tape my leak rate has dropped. But I am still trying to get as low as low as I can and I am trying to understand how to tell the difference between a mouth leak and a mask leak. Before my leaks averaged in the 30's for most of the night and here recently it has been running from 6 to 10. I have attached the chart from last night so please tell me what kind of leak that represents so that I can better understand. I have had some people say that the flat plateau's are mouth leaks and the sharp spikes are mask leaks and then other people say the opposite. Last night looks like plateau's and spikes.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks shown in your screenshot are minor. Any leak with a plateau is a longer-term leak that has reached a steady flow rate. This can be a mask seal but is more often a mouth leak or steady seal leak. Spikes are almost always seal leaks of short duration. Weight gain can increase likelihood of having positional apnea by increasing the effect of any chin tucking or head/neck alignment issue. In theory, people with a larger neck size may be more prone to positional apnea, but we really don't have any data to back that up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still working on fixing my postional apneas and I am trying different collars out to see if one might help my problem. I have attached charts from my last 2 nights in which I had clusters of OA's. On the night of 8/21 I woke up around 12:00am when having that cluster and then at around 2:30am I woke up at that cluster. Then on 8/22 I had a lot of clusters but never woke up till around 6:00am.  Why didn't any of the clusters on 8/22 wake me up? I have also attached a zoomed in chart of one of the clusters that woke me up. If a sudden rise in pressure could be waking me up and pressure doesn't help positional apneas, couldn't I try decreasing my max pressure to see if that helps me to not wake up?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 655 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 749 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,154 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 122 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] Struggling with settings touwmus 0 125 04-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: touwmus
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 392 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 132 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.