Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Still feeling very tired during the day
Still feeling very tired during the day
I have been using Dreamstation Auto CPAP close to a year now - while my therapy hours and AHI readings are normal I still feel very sleepy during the day and I often even feel dizzy. Could I request someone to help read my sleepyhead report and check if anything is out of place? Or do I need to go back and see my doctor?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still feeling very tired during the day
looking at the SH chart I think you need to increase you min EPEP to 8.8 and max IPAP to 15. The reason is slow to adjust pressure and unless it is dialed in close to the pressures you will have the results you are getting. The Dreamstation is not supplying enough pressure to control snoring.
Post another chart after the changes so we can see the effect of the change.

gwc
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2018, 07:17 AM)Healthkares Wrote: I have been using Dreamstation Auto CPAP close to a year now - while my therapy hours and AHI readings are normal I still feel very sleepy during the day and I often even feel dizzy. Could I request someone to help read my sleepyhead report and check if anything is out of place? Or do I need to go back and see my doctor?

I don't really see anything out of place in the setup of your CPAP. If this report is typical with a maximum pressure reached of 11.5 cm, then increasing the maximum pressure is not going to change anything. Perhaps look back through a few other nights and see if you are ever hitting your current maximum of 12 cm. You may gain a little bit by increasing the minimum pressure to 8.5 or so. There are a few events which are occurring above your current minimum of 7 cm and less than 8.5 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since your charts don't look bad, I'm going to suggest a different direction. This is often overlooked but how old is your mattress? Not getting comfortable sleep could be a result of poor sleeping conditions. Other factors might be light and/or noise. Have you considered this?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point I see no reason to increase your maximum pressure. an increase in the minimum pressure might help if you put it up to 8 or 8.5, however, you worst events appear to be when you also have leaks. It does look as if you need a bit more lower pressure though.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleep2Snore. I'd also be looking at other causes. Like Red said maybe the bed, or maybe you need to get a blood workup.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe 6-hours of sleep is all you need, but I think that is what is contributing to your sense of fatigue. Most of us require at least 7, and I don't feel good with much less than 8-hours of sleep. Your average therapy for the last 30 days is 5:38 and 5:42 for the past 6-months. That's not going to cut it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Healthkares,
Do you have a copy of your original sleep study? Would you be able to post some of that information?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for your kind advise and suggestions - I decided to go and see my doc considering my lethargy may not be due to my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
same here, I am starting to think that apnea isnt my issue, more like lack of sleep or burnout, work, kids.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 81 35 minutes ago
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 211 Yesterday, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 367 Yesterday, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 468 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 286 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,399 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 277 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.