Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Still snoring with Auto Cpap
RE: Still snoring with Auto Cpap
I am another cervical collar user. I also tilt my head / chin tuck while sleeping according to my wife. Using a cervical collar had made sleep more comfortable and also eliminated mouth breathing and resulted in more consistent numbers of events. As your husband does tilt his head, I strongly urge you (him) to try one to see what benefits it might bring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tahera

With regards to the noise from your Dreamstation, are you using both filters?  The ultra fine filter made my Dreamstation noisy.  Once I removed it and just used the standard filter, the Dreamstation was (and is) extremely quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tahera11979,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to your husband with his CPAP therapy and getting it adjusted to better meet his needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for the warm welcome Trish.

In terms of the cervical collar we will try and see if it works for him, it's a great suggestion we would have never thought of so thank you for that!

Fedman, I am so happy to hear that there is a way to decrease the sound. Is it safe to only use the standard filter? Does the machine come with both by default?

Opal Rose, we have increased the pressure so will see if this makes a difference. I will keep you posted.

We are going to be travelling soon and my husband doesn't feel comfortable taking the CPAP machine with him. Do you all travel with the Cpap or are there any alternatives for the meantime?

Thank you everyone for the support!
Post Reply Post Reply
It is safe to use just the standard filter.  The ultra fine filter is an extra layer of protection for small particles like dust and pollen.  I've never had a problem using just the standard filter.  If your husband is extra sensitive to air born allergens, the fine filter may help.

I think most people on this forum travel with their CPAP's.  I am a frequent business traveler/flyer and I never leave home without it.  I have taken it across North America and Europe without a problem.  I just don't want to sleep without it.  I like waking up feeling rested and ready to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great to know about the filter and travels as well. I really hope that my husband will get used to travelling with it as he travels a lot and we have two holidays planned and I am already scared of the snores without the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should see results pretty quickly for this. Think how short titration is compared to a full night at a new pressure range.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much and I really hope so.

We have had a look at Sleepyhead and maximum pressure was used for the majority of the night so we increased the upper pressure from 15 to 18.
Besides the squeaking sound of the machine and him tossing and turning the snores seemed less. We will try removing one of the filters tonight and see if this helps.

In terms of the snores, I really hope that we have overcame it by increasing the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

we have increased the pressure but my dh still snores. It's the vibratory snore which keeps me awake all night. Last night has been an absolute nightmare for me. I was so sleep deprived this morning. Is there anything we can do?

Regarding the noise of the machine, it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

I have attached the most recent reports and I would appreciate your advises!

Please see the images under the link below. (I can't seem to attach them)

http://imgur.com/a/JfbnG

Thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
As a novice, I would say you could go to the average, or median on the main chart, so 10-11 minimum or more wouldn't be out of place, if needed to stop the snoring.
In theory and what they do for single pressure CPAP.. you could go as a minimum from the 90% 14.5cm, all the way up to the max pressure 17cm, if you really had to. you have a fair room to move to find the pressure that stops the snoring
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,003 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 531 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.