Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Supply
CPAP Supply
So, this weekend I finally opened the box from my DME with my replacement parts (mask, filters, and hose). Finally got tired of moving the box. Anyway, the tubing was something I had never seen before. It is made by Tyco and the label says DAR Breathing System. It has a small inner tube that goes inside the tube and exits on one of the connectors. This inner tube sticks out about 8 inches. I suspect it may be an oxygen line as it is roughly that size.

I called them today and found out they no longer stock the 10 foot tube and whoever packed the order grabbed this one as a replacement. We were trying to determine what it was and the gal asked me if it had a model or part number on it. Found that and told her it also has an expiration date of 2014-07 (two months ago). Go figure. She did offer to overnight one to me, but I told her it wasn't necessary (didn't tell her I had several unused ones in my supply stash). She told me to keep the incorrect one and we joked about coming up with a project where I could use it. :grin:

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Supply
Bend it into a crazy straw
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that tube they sent you is mainly used with equipment in a hospital setting for ventilating patients- not any CPAP.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2014, 07:11 PM)Airstream Wrote: I think that tube they sent you is mainly used with equipment in a hospital setting for ventilating patients- not any CPAP.

I was thinking that also, but it looks just like a regular tube with a possible supplemental Oxygen line.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you still need a 10-foot hose, Supplier #1 carries generic ones.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 10:52 PM)PollCat Wrote: If you still need a 10-foot hose, Supplier #1 carries generic ones.

Many thanx. I still have the info from when I ordered my first 10 footer about a year and half ago. They are sending me a 6 footer which will go into the travel bag. I have a bunch of 10 footers sitting in a box that my DME sent me in the past. I asked the question about not getting something if I didn't need it and their response was - you need it and we have to send it to you (whether you really need it or not). They all sit in a box in my closet in the dark and in their original wrappings.

Go figure.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 02:56 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Many thanx. I still have the info from when I ordered my first 10 footer about a year and half ago. They are sending me a 6 footer which will go into the travel bag. I have a bunch of 10 footers sitting in a box that my DME sent me in the past. I asked the question about not getting something if I didn't need it and their response was - you need it and we have to send it to you (whether you really need it or not). They all sit in a box in my closet in the dark and in their original wrappings.
Go figure.

Someone, somewhere tested hoses and masks and it turns out that they're both pretty heavily contaminated with bacteria by 6 months, so a replacement is probably a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 08:01 PM)Terry Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 02:56 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Many thanx. I still have the info from when I ordered my first 10 footer about a year and half ago. They are sending me a 6 footer which will go into the travel bag. I have a bunch of 10 footers sitting in a box that my DME sent me in the past. I asked the question about not getting something if I didn't need it and their response was - you need it and we have to send it to you (whether you really need it or not). They all sit in a box in my closet in the dark and in their original wrappings.
Go figure.

Someone, somewhere tested hoses and masks and it turns out that they're both pretty heavily contaminated with bacteria by 6 months, so a replacement is probably a good idea.

HUH? NOt sure I get what you are trying to say
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 10:52 AM)me50 Wrote:
terry Wrote:Someone, somewhere tested hoses and masks and it turns out that they're both pretty heavily contaminated with bacteria by 6 months, so a replacement is probably a good idea.
HUH? NOt sure I get what you are trying to say

If they send you a new hose and mask every 6 months, you should probably use them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not heard of any DME that automatically does anything like this. I think it's a bit over the top and smacks of vested interest activity. I think making a free replacement available after a certain period of time is proper, and notifying the user of such is also proper, but shipping it without any regard to the actual need is not a recognized standard of care and tends to encourage waste.

On the other side of the coin, my brother went 10 years before he heard a single word from his DME about any possibility of getting free updated or replacement items. Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 658 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Low cost 12v - 24v power supply for SEFAM S.Box Kingsway 1 762 05-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Backup for ResMed AirCurve 10? GregB777 1 742 01-06-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Supply prices - Is there price fixing? sansnap 6 962 12-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  any lighter power supply for Airsense 10? christian4870 3 611 11-21-2022, 04:02 AM
Last Post: christian4870
  Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP? DeeKaa 9 1,050 07-02-2022, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request NotADr 3 739 06-29-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.