Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse
AHI Suddenly Getting Worse
Over the two weeks, I've noticed my AHI getting worse.  At times, I've told my wife it is almost like I am not getting the right pressures suddenly.  I've checked for leaks but not detecting any.  I've downloaded OSCAR and have included a couple of nights in there.  It is bad enough to where I am removing my mask in my sleep and not realizing it (guessing my body is thinking it is suffocating and removing it since it is not working).

A couple of the patterns look like something is obstructing the tubing or a position I am in is not helping.  Is that how you would interpret the data?

CPAP:  DreamStation 2
Mask:  Dreamwear Full Face 
Heated Tubing

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI Suddenly Getting Worse
You had positional apnea where you got into a position that cut off your own airway. A couple of causes is sleeping on your back or to high of pillows. If that doesn’t help you will need a collar. I have a link to collars in my signature.

It is also called chin tucking where your chin drops down to your sternum.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 389 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 386 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,122 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 744 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 411 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 2,113 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 358 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.