Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] System One Reboot loop
System One Reboot loop
New Member with a question... Have read through many items over the last few years, but this is my first post...
I have been using a PR System one for 4 years and recently left it on a train in southern CA. (yeah for me!!)
I bought a PR System One 750P used that had under 100 hours on it, although old, it looked brand new. First night with it home - i was cleaning it before first use and took out the sd card. I was going to look at the data in sleepyhead and try to delete or reformat, but couldn't get anything to load. I checked and there were files on the disk and text files. After cleaning the machine I plugged it in and it started to boot. LED Display came on and it got to the standard screen(Therapy, info, settings, bi-flex). I was going to go to info and then realized i had not put the sd card back in. I put it back in and all of a sudden i got a single beep and it rebooted. It is now stuck in a reboot loop. Display shows logo; then Ver.2.02; then 7.0 cm h20; then 11.0 cm h2o; then a straight line; then a beep and then loops back to start again. Doesn't matter if i have card in or not, just keeps looping to start again. No LED lights when this loops. have tried unplugging and letting it sit. but it does the same thing. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One Reboot loop
It's a computer with some mechanical additions. Do what you would do with a computer. Turn it OFF for a couple of hours, and I mean completely disconnected from the wall - pull the plug. The plug it in and see if it starts up.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ButlerPete,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sorry to hear about your machine troubles, hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck to you with getting your machine problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a web search to see if I could find anyone else talking about this sort of a problem. I found one that sounded a little bit similar. In that case, it turned out to be a problem with the power supply. No idea if that's true in your case.

I assume you bought the machine from a person and not a company or you'd probably be calling them.

You could always try calling Philips Respironcs.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
It won't hurt to format the SD card using your computer. Worth a shot.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Did it ever boot normally? This sounds like an electrical problem, based on my knowledge of computer controls systems, not CPAP machine in particular. The machine boots, gets to a certain point and sees there is a catastrophic error so shuts down, but the power is on so the boot sequence run again and...

You could try holding down the buttons to get into the clinician menu and see if that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Entering the clinician mode is a good idea. You could then select to delete all existing user data and clear the machine's memory of any possible corrupt data. I'm thinking that you may have corrupted the memory data when inserting the SD card while the machine was in the wrong mode.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is different; a Respironics Remstar M.   But the symptoms are the same:  it boots up, goes through self-test, shows me the 10.0 cm H2O pressure and then shuts down right at the point when it would ordinarily start the blower.

I'd had trouble with the DC power jack on this unit for as long as I've had it, and always thought it was something in the plug or the power supply.

I took the machine apart and checked out the main control board.   It turns out there was insufficient solder on the center pin connection from the power jack to the PC board.    When I held down the socket center pin connection tab with a voltmeter probe, the system would start up correctly.

I figure the connection had been slowly deteriorating for years (I got the unit in 2010) and finally the amount of added resistance was high enough that when the motor started and began to draw current, the voltage for the control board dropped and it rebooted.

A defective power supply would probably give the same symptoms.

Ten minutes with a soldering iron saved me a few hundred bucks in repairs or replacement !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,266 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  reboot aircurve 10 luebcke 4 178 03-06-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.