Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Searching for "real" sleep doctor
Searching for "real" sleep doctor
I have the worst luck when it comes to selecting sleep doctors. 1st one said I didn't have OSA. 2nd said I have severe OSA but couldn't have cared less about helping me with it, only interested in easy high dollar surgeries (gave me turbinate reduction) then said just keep using cpap, see ya. Horrible doctors. I would really love to find a real sleep doctor that will try and work through every possibility to make my OSA better. A doctor that really cares. I live in the Austin, TX area. If you know of a doc like this please let me know.

Thank you, B
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Searching for "real" sleep doctor
Good luck. I have been going to a board certified sleep doctor for 10 years. It wasn't until he turned me over to his nurse practitioner that I finally got a decent machine and had a discussion about the data. His only interest in our annual visits was whether or not I was using it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The most helpful advice and information I have received was from this forum in my whole process.
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you want a sleep doctor to do for you?   Unfortunately, I don't live in Austin, TX so I can't provide a recommendation.  But knowing what you want the person to do for you might be helpful in finding someone who is appropriate.

I am also asking just to make sure you don't have issues that this board can possibily help you with.

49er

PS - I looked at your post again and you said you want a sleep doc to look at every possibility to make your sleep better. Can you elaborate?  If you have already posted this, my apologies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your situation is pretty typical when it comes to finding a good sleep doctor.

Mine does very little for me. He is willing to write any script I may want, but only cares that my AHI is under 5. He doesn't want to see any reports and has little interest in discussing anything other than "his" weight issues. I only put up with a once a year visit so I don't run into insurance issues when I need a machine replacement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,736 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 288 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Greeting and biography for searching tpstinson72 2 173 02-03-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: tpstinson72

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.