Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] System One
RE: System One
Is this how you requested? 

http://imgur.com/jZo7c0e

I was diagnosed at John Hopkins about ten or more years ago with severe complex sleep apnea.  I am 5'1 and weigh about 145, so I'm not especially overweight.  I've had UPPP surgery, and my hard palate and tongue base surgery.  Even after my surgeries, I still am known to snore.  What else can I tell you that might help?
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't realize that Philips machine didn't have the "Flow Limit" chart. Sorry to lead you on that wild goose chase Danielle!

However, you've got one of the most knowledgeable persons on the board helping you out so you are in great hands, to say the least! I would definitely take his advice to heart regarding the pressure adjustments. He knows what he is talking about...
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to show you the settings from last week...I went ahead and changed them myself to what they are now, just from reading through other posts.  Maybe you can see what they were and compare...Also, somehow I've managed to maximize the sleepyhead screen and now I can't seem to toggle through the file and view menu...is there a way to fix that?  Here's the screenshot of the old settings.  It was the best I could do with the window maximized Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
ok, i did f11 and got it back to regular screen
Here's the screen with the old settings again
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ldanielle01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting your pressure dialed in to better meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Idanelle, I see the settings on March 16 resulted in 73 AHI with numerous OA as well as high hypopnea. I think the main problem is the lack of max PS. Here are the settings I'd like you to try
Mode ASV,
Min EPAP 5
Max IPAP 25
Min PS 2
Max PS 10
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, thanks!  I changed everything except the min ps won't let me move it off of 0.0 for some reason.  We'll see how it looks tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
I can live with the Min PS of 0.0. Might actually help. What we're looking for is enough pressure during hypopnea that a breath is taken.

If you ever have a chance to swap to a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, I think you'd be amazed. The difference is so obvious, I hope it's just a matter of time until the medical community figures it out...that would be over-the-top optimistic, huh?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, this is actually...better!  I know that you have to see how it works over time too, but I'll take this even for one night.

Why is the machine you have so much better?

Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Danielle, I'm glad to see the much improved results, and hope they continue. On future charts, I'd like to see the mask pressure instead of snores since that shows the breath by breath pressure support. This looks very good compared to what we started with.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,190 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,788 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,164 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,527 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.