Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] System One
RE: System One
Here's from last night, with the mask pressure instead of snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not perfect but better. how are you feeling about it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I actually don't know how to feel about it...It seems like my corrected apnea is worse than some people's uncorrected... I was also diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia when I was at Hopkins, so I don't know if one affects the other or how they relate. Based on your experience, is it reasonable to be happy with these results?
Post Reply Post Reply
Idanielle, it's hard to use numerical AHI to determine the effectiveness of therapy in complex apnea, so we have to ask My opinion is that you are not ideally treated by your current machine, and that a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV would be better. If you need insurance to pay for the change, you will need to persuade your doctor that your current solution is less than optimal, and request the change. I think it's obvious that based on machine generated AHI, your are significantly better than when we started trying to optimize your results. Those results are still not less tha 5 AHI. In my experience you could achieve results near zero AHI with the Resmed machine. I can assure you that it will be a challenge to convince your doctor and DME that there is a difference. All you need is one day on the Resmed to prove them wrong.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://imgur.com/pUolQyt
http://imgur.com/a0GH73s

It looks like something has gone wrong...I see some people sell their machines...would it be worth it for me to try a used one?
Post Reply Post Reply
also, I see that there are maybe three different types of the aircurve 10?  which one would i want?  I assume the most expensive one?  I don't have much to do besides pester my doctors and insurance, so I may as well start writing now, lol.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Sleeprider recommended the Aircurve 10 ASV above. Does that specify the exact model number you need? If not, I'm sure he'll clarify further for you.

Best of luck in your quest for that Resmed! Remember, "the squeaky wheal gets the oil..." Advocate for yourself!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,244 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,174 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,529 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.