Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP THERAPY?
RE: CPAP THERAPY?
I spoke to the Therapist. She calls me after, I'm sure, that she learned they are referring me to new Therapist. She is having the doctor RX an order to have a constant pressure instead of auto. She said my pressure is avg. 6 to 7. But she still thinks the problem is leakage. I'm not going with that. I did not get the results of the sleep study from the doctor but i will.
Post Reply Post Reply
SMITHCK, it is understandable for therapists (and human nature) to "cover their butts", yet your (former) therapist might be providing some important information.  From my chair (hundreds of miles away and who-knows how far out of the loop), it seems that the advice is not appropriate to your experience.  Yet I urge you to not dismiss it; file it away, if need be, so that you can consider all the factors as you explore the settings that provide the necessary therapy and effect the feeling of well-being that is critical to your success.

Please keep us updated on your efforts!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 12:20 PM)SMITHCK Wrote: She said my pressure is avg. 6 to 7. But she still thinks the problem is leakage. I'm not going with that.

You can check some of the statistics on the screen of the Icon+. That's one reason you need the user's guide, and preferably a printed copy of it (IOW, print the PDF if you have to). In this case, see page A-7, which tells you how to get to the "Sleep Data", which includes the AHI and leak rate. Those are the two most important numbers to monitor day to day. It looks like it's better to use the "Patient Report" rather than the "CMS Report", because "Once CMS [compliance] requirements have been met, the data within the CMS sub-menu will stop logging" (gee, thanks, guys).

To get data out of the Icon+ into an analysis program on your computer, you'll need a USB flash-RAM stick (thumb drive), which F&P cleverly calls a Smartstick, but don't bother with that until you have confirmed that Sleepyhead can read the files from the Icon+. Question for anyone: What's the story on that? The SH wiki says yes for the Icon, but nothing about the Plus.

F&P's proprietary PC software is called Infosmart, and unfortunately it looks like it's not available here. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,083 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 229 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 380 9 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 74 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,365 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 602 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 493 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.