Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
RE: CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
Thanks guys, this is the boost I needed. Its an investment but I am really looking forward to making it happen. Just like others I had Centrals from the first test but they make you jump hoops. Then turn you down in the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if an appeal is an option, but it's something to consider if you and the doc have medical necessity documents such as the sleep study, doc notes showing necessity to treat CA with ASV, things of that sort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its been back and forth between doc and insurance twice. Medicade is strict at this level of cost. My doctor or anybody else Ive talked to in that office, including sleep tech, have ever heard of Oscar. I brought my laptop in to show her and she was lost. Its all right there. They base their decision on one night of info and I have a years worth that no one reads. And the sleep labs are shut down and Im tired of waiting. I got script almost  3 months ago. enough already.  Resmed it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Action is good. Keep us informed and we can help with plugging in good therapy numbers. Call it self-titration.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2020, 07:33 PM)Seafarer2 Wrote: Its been back and forth between doc and insurance twice. Medicade is strict at this level of cost. My doctor or anybody else Ive talked to in that office, including sleep tech, have ever heard of Oscar. I brought my laptop in to show her and she was lost. Its all right there. They base their decision on one night of info and I have a years worth that no one reads. And the sleep labs are shut down and Im tired of waiting. I got script almost  3 months ago. enough already.  Resmed it is.

Assuming you are going out of pocket, there is a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt on DotMed for $600.  Several members have gotten a good deal on this site and while the S9 is the older generation of ASV, not much has changed in the ASVauto mode of therapy.  It is listed as " RESMED VPAP Auto ASV + H5I Bi-level PAP" from TH Medical Equipment under the category Respieatory/ Bi Level PAP/Resmed. That is a fair price for ASV and will let you determine if it is what works for you  at a relatively low cost.  It will also demonstrate efficacy so you won't have to do titration tests in the future just to get what you need.   If you want to move up in price, Supplier #2 can sell "gently Used" Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machines for $1390 or new for $2149.  I think you can get this done for less money, and let insurance catch up later once you demonstrate the efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I read your article on DME. And your recommendations. I’m going to call Doctor today for physical script? Or is it all done electronically. Do I need the exact model on script or just”AVS”. I’ve done 2 deals with HH DME. Don’t I have to deal with them? I would want a “new” unit. I’m more concerned with my health than money.
Post Reply Post Reply
My recommendattion is to request a prescription for the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV with settings:
Mode: ASVauto
EPAP min: 5.0 cm
EPAP max: 15.0 cm
PS min: 3.0
PS max: 15.0

These settings are the recommended default for ASV auto mode titration. See chart below from Resmed. Supplier #2 has new machnes for $2149 USD which is one of the best prices out there and they are very solid for customer service and warranty. They can call your doctor for your prescription approval or you can send a copy. Compare that cost with your current supplier and anyone else you want to research, and make the best choice for you. SecondWndCPAP does not take insurance, but you may be able to get out of network coverage if your insurance approves. Needless to say, most insurance is very difficult to get approval on these advanced PAP machines without all the diagnostics and testing completed.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, great info. I pulled the trigger on a RESMED 10 ASV. My original DME gave me a price of 2650, includes RESMED headset and air touch 20 which is my go to mask. Looking forward to posting new results soon! I could not have done this without all your guys help. The DME is settings as per script. Fine tune this thing after. Im truly excited.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the AVS similar to biPap with a straight AVS and Auto ASV. And my machine will come with auto setting off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds great. When will you get the ASV? We can assist in the set-up. I'd suggest looking at Run Hours to be certain it is in fact new, and to go over the settings to see if they are in fact good. 2.5 years ago, my RT didn't even know how to set up an ASV. Her resolution was to just plug in some random numbers?!?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,178 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 675 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  CPAP vs Bipap Jose Castro 6 847 11-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.