Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
RE: CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
    Dave, I had first night with new ASV and results are amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
like 0.0 AHI congrats. The AHI will probably get you under 3-4 at all times. Don't be overly concerned if the numbers go up a bit here and there, that's normal. If they go up and you feel worse, we need to address something. Just how I did for myself.

Feeling OK I hope? Feel free at any time to comment or ask questions. Keep up the great stuff there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a winner. You could have used ASVauto mode but 7 seems to be very effective, assuming it is comfortable. You jumped through some hoops to get here, congrats.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, From moment one I knew it was going to be a good night. I was awoken several times by the ratcheting air flow. As I was falling asleep, I could sense what the machine is doing. Very natural breathing. Long slow inhales for mindful breaths. No problem. 
Is this an auto setting I was given? Is this a usual prescription given at first?
Post Reply Post Reply
These AVS machines would solve a lot of the problems on here.
Any reason to download Res Scan software?
And what would Auto mode due differently. Is it just Auto. Or Auto within parameters. I haven't dug into any screens. Yet. Easy set up. Used my usual mask set up. Came with new Mask and headset. Ill bring that in later.
Post Reply Post Reply
No need to download Resscan its slow windows only and provides no additional information. The only valid reason to download resscan is to provide compliancy information or to discuss your charts with a Dr who only trusts data or is experienced with data from Resscan
Post Reply Post Reply
In ASV Auto as a mode, it edits EPAP to become Min and Max where before EPAP was static one set number. PS is always a range of Min and Max. To change it, you enter clinician menu and change to ASVAuto then add in the Min and Max EPAP settings.

If you choose to try ASVAuto, your static EPAP is 7 so you may try a small range 7-10 or something like that and see if it is even better. It's already squashed all events on that, so this is info on what EPAP range would do under the ASVAuto mode. And this is totally optional.

ResScan is OK but not needed, OSCAR will be fine on its own.

PS on the script info of
Epap 7
Ipap 15
PS 3

This very likely had to be ASV mode as EPAP is a single number not a range.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The difference between ASVauto mode and ASV mode is auto-adjusting EPAP, the pressure support is the same adaptive algorithm. Remember that obstructive apnea is treated with the EPAP pressure and your centrals and hypopnea are treated with pressure support. For people sensitive to pressure, and lower minimum EPAP pressure can be selected (i.e. 5.0 cm) and as needed to prevent obstruction, the machine will raise the EPAP pressure within a set range. So if you have a range of 5.0 to 9.0 the machine can self-adjust within that range. When the pressure needed to treat obstruction is known (in your case 7.0) the fixed EPAP of ASV mode can be used. ASVauto is a newer feature of the ASV machines and many doctors are either not aware of it, or don't use it for other reasons.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, its no on both. Compliance on machine. Doctor, doesn't know what Oscar is, doesn't want to know and only perscribes Dreamstation. Insurance didn't cover so I was able to buy my own choice of AVS machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes if it's your machine then OSCAR is more than capable and Dr. Dolittle should only need to know it's doing well. Hopefully your script includes supplies for 99 years or something like that. Mask of patient preference and such. Again congrats on great charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,178 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 675 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 982 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  CPAP vs Bipap Jose Castro 6 847 11-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.