Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
RE: CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
Well not to be too snarky, but the Dreamstation machines are like the full-employment act for sleep doctors. Events are nearly always higher and more problems are reported by the users of those machines. I think your zero AHI and comfort speaks for itself. You might want to check this site to see where your doctor gets extra money for what he prescribes https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Dave, Im ready to put this in auto mode. Don't like pushing so hard on EAP. 
Which settings should I use again?
Dave, I found the titration settings so going to start there.
Thanks so much to all the information and support. I don't know where Id be without this forum, and Oscar, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sure. Enter clinical menu via the knob and home click hold for 5 seconds. Scroll downward until you get to Mode. Click to edit it to ASV Auto and click to lock it in. Go to EPAP and set Min and Max. Last I recall, you had EPAP at 7. You can enter EPAP Min as 7 and a short range with maybe EPAP Max 10-12 somewhere around there. Click to enter then dial in the number and click to lock. After done be sure to exit clinical mode which locks the settings in.

If others better at pressure than I suggest otherwise go with their suggestion. You can try this and edit EPAP pressures if it feels "off" in any way or if numbers skew badly. I would say leave PS as is right now.

Reminder if you find a whole number like 11 is not enough and 12 is too much you can do fractional numbers, 11.2 etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave's description is correct. We had talked about EPAP min at 5.0 and EPAP max at 8.0 That gives you the best shot at a lower pressure. We know you probably don't need more than 7.0 since there are no events at that EPAP pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    So, I went AutoAVS last night. Still great results. But I felt like I was pulling for air on occasion like it wasn't enough pressure somewhere. 
Do the screenshots signify anything? 
Again, thanks guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's where we would have you bump the min EPAP up a bit, or the min PS
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, I'd suggest EPAP Min bump, fractional or whole steps, maybe to 6 to see how it goes. It may need to go higher yet to address the air starvation, but see if 6 helps out. My use of the ASV made me aware EPAP Min will address air starvation directly and at all times. PS isn't at all times.

PS EPAP Min. Median was 6.8 with 7.9 being the 95%
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What was going roughly on 345 to 415? looks like steady, very steady breathing and almost fixed pressure.  Is that what we are hoping for?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that the suggestions were to address any event around 345. I was suggesting to address this comment "But I felt like I was pulling for air on occasion like it wasn't enough pressure somewhere" you mentioned. This indicates the base pressure is to low. That's how I interpret pulling for air. This is what I call air starvation.
Post Reply Post Reply
     Dave, You answered my first question, thanks.  I should have been clearer in my second question. 
Im including a screen shot of morning chart with zoomed in time frame. (didn't work for some reason. Im talking about 3:45-4:15 time period.)This section looked unusual. But in a good way or a bad way. Steady pressure at 11, and very shallow breaths Im interrupting. I'm trying to imagine what was going on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,185 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 677 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 983 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  CPAP vs Bipap Jose Castro 6 848 11-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.