Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
RE: CPAP TO BIPAP TO ASV
idk for sure but I interpret those cleaner segments of flow rate like the one you point out with deep sleep, maybe rem. I consider that pattern to be what we're all aiming for.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sorry, I got distracted and thought I'd answered all that. Not on you but me. Yes, I think like sheepless this likely represents a certain sleep stage. Everything on the chart is calm and smoother than the rest. The only thing to bump anything for is the air starvation issue. That 345-415 time looks great really. Now for homework build trends of more great charts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion between 3:45 and 4:15 you were breathing smoothly so the ASV did not need to do anything so it just sat watching your numbers with no increased Pressure Support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, rookie mistake. Forgot to put SD are back into machine. Subjectively its much better. Didn't feel like I was pulling for air. took it off for several hours than back on. Not sure what he reason is but put back on and fine. Very comfortable breathing. The full blast of air I get occasionally, is slightly off-putting. Ive got a new AirTouch mask coming, along with a new headset. old one is bottomed out. So cards back in and will post again tomorrow. Sleep Tight my friends.
Post Reply Post Reply
Speculation on the blast...especially if this occurs during transition to sleeping was when I got these, do a blow back. Take it literally, blow back in moderate force through your mask to get the ASV to back off. I have had a few times as well that the ASV seemed to get flustered and I had to shut it off then restart. If you have to do this in order to get the rest and therapy so be it, do what it takes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Posting screenshot from last night. All seems good. was comfortable but getting blowout from the high pressure.  New mask should help.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks great, and if that is a leak "blowout", I'll take it! Nothing showing in the chart that is a concern.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure this is worth a new thread so at the risk of distracting briefly from this thread I have an asv leak question. I use the same machine as Seafarer2 but my leaks are so much higher; not the occasional bad leaks that for me are mostly lip leaks but the 'baseline' leaks. with apap and vauto my baseline is about 4-6. with asv it's more like 14 and up even with a brand new nasal pillow cushion. my min epap is 7.4 compared to Seafarer's 6.0 but is that enough of a difference to explain why mine is so much higher? between my three machines, different algorithyms, different pressure settings may account for some difference but pressure settings among machines are generally in similar ranges and I use one and the same hose and mask with all machines. I cannot for the life of me locate where the baseline leaks are (it's not obviously the p10 mask other than the exhalation port/vent). I don't understand why my asv leaks are so much higher than apap and vauto and why they're so much higher than Seafarer2's asv. could it be a problem with my asv? how would one go about testing the accuracy of the machine reports and/or the volume of air vented from the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot the specifics, but to measure your output, placing the hose of your running machine in a pitcher of water and measuring how deep the hose is when bubbles stop and measuring that depth is what I'm thinking.
Post Reply Post Reply
While you achieve the same objective, it is considerably less messy to start at the bottom of the container of water and go up until you see bubbles. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,188 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 679 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 985 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  CPAP vs Bipap Jose Castro 6 848 11-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.