Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Tired
Tired
I was not sleeping well, hence the sleep study/cpap.  Now that I have started on my cpap, I think I am sleeping better but I feel more tired.  I spoke to my doctor about this and he just said that I "will get used to it".  Has anybody else ran across this problem?  My events range from 0.2-1.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tired
(10-07-2017, 04:42 AM)confusedcpap Wrote: I was not sleeping well, hence the sleep study/cpap.  Now that I have started on my cpap, I think I am sleeping better but I feel more tired.  I spoke to my doctor about this and he just said that I "will get used to it".  Has anybody else ran across this problem?  My events range from 0.2-1.

I started CPAP last week. I am completely exhausted. I could sleep 10 hours and take 3 naps. I figure I’ll get over it, and it might take a while. Your body and your brain have a steep learning curve.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've clocked up my first week with no issues adapting to the mask etc,, and while I'm not any more tired, I'm certainly no less so either.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's normal to be tired at first. Your mind and body are being put through some drastic changes. As you become more comfortable with the treatment you'll find your energy will pick up. It takes a while for a lot of people. But one day soon you will realize that Hey I feel pretty good.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla walla is correct. Some people take anyfrom 3 to 6 months somtimes more before showing alot of improvement. Others show right away. So be patient . Good will come in time.
Post Reply Post Reply
there is sleep and then there is deep sleep. not going into deep sleep will have you tired even though you may be sleeping for 15 hours. Something is disturbing you enough to limit your deep sleep. It could just be getting used to the CPAP or it could be a setting that need to be tweaked. give it some time if you are doing "okay" and keep reading/asking. If you need it to be better right now, investigate some changes
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're a brand new CPAP user, I would advise against making any changes to your prescribed pressure(s) right away.  Allow the prescribed therapy time to work.  Don't be too hasty to change pressures or other settings on your CPAP machine, at least not at first.

You need to read and read here to get a more complete understanding of how to properly adjust the machine.  Before you ever consider doing that, you should download and install #SleepyHead software, then post a few nights of your data here so others can take a look at it.  And it's always best to get your doctor involved when/if you decide to make any changes to your therapy.

Here's some helpful links:

Download SleepyHead

How to organize your SleepyHead charts

How to post SleepyHead charts using Imgur
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 110 7 hours ago
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,432 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 94 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  Low AHI but sooo tired status9xx 2 224 03-05-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 650 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Still Tired - Examining OSCAR Data DKeranen 2 259 02-25-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: DKeranen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.