Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia
Question 
To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia
Hi everyone,

I am living in Sydney Australia. I have recently completed one month of rental CPAP (ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP with Humidifier and ClimateLine) and Fisher and Pykel full face mask. Now I want to buy the same one but found out that the price is very higher if buying from local CPAP clinics or pharmacy. 

I did some research and found that one can get it on reasonably low price from inline suppliers from US. I want to buy it from Supplier #10 i.e. 1800cpap. I want to know if anyone from Australia has recently ordered any CPAP machine from the same supplier or any other online site and how was the experience? The price for CPAP and mask usually goes more than $1000 USD. Will I have to pay any duty for the shipment?

I will appreciate any help and suggestions in this regard.

Regards,
Kamran
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia
(05-22-2017, 01:53 AM)kamran.zafar Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am living in Sydney Australia. I have recently completed one month of rental CPAP (ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP with Humidifier and ClimateLine) and Fisher and Pykel full face mask. Now I want to buy the same one but found out that the price is very higher if buying from local CPAP clinics or pharmacy. 

I did some research and found that one can get it on reasonably low price from inline suppliers from US. I want to buy it from Supplier #10 i.e. 1800cpap. I want to know if anyone from Australia has recently ordered any CPAP machine from the same supplier or any other online site and how was the experience? The price for CPAP and mask usually goes more than $1000 USD. Will I have to pay any duty for the shipment?

I will appreciate any help and suggestions in this regard.

Regards,
Kamran
Other than power considerations (voltage, frequency, plug style), does your physician care about connectivity for compliance as the wireless access cards may be different in your country? Also discuss warranty and repair issues with your vendor as RedMed does not appear to honor warranties for machines purchased in other countries.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Kamran. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quite a few Aussies on this forum have purchased their machines from the United States and I haven't heard any complaints.

The machines come with a power brick which supports 110 - 230 VAC, so that's not a problem. You will need a new figure-8 power cable which you can get for a couple of bucks at Jaycar, Office Works etc.

Compliance is not an issue here in Australia. Generally speaking our health funds won't give you any rebate for machines bought overseas, so that might come into your calculations. Check with your health fund as to how much they will refund for a CPAP machine - it seems to vary between $300 and $800, depending on the fund and which ancillaries table you're on.

There is no duty or GST payable, but Border Force will most likely charge a $50 handling fee.

If you have a problem with your machine Resmed won't help you. You'll need to send it back to the States for repair. Luckily they are pretty simple devices and quite reliable.

When you're deciding whether to buy locally or on-line take into account the exchange rate (currently around AUD$1.00 = US$0.74), the cost of shipping, $50 for customs, value of health fund rebate and a risk factor in case anything goes wrong.

Good luck with your decision.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought both of my machines from the US. The price was less than half of what was asked for here in good old OZ. The first thing you need to do is make sure that Supplier #10 will actually ship out of the US. I'm not sure of the duty on medical equipment coming into Australia but I paid nothing.

My latest machine came from Supplier #2. At the moment they have open box unused Airsense 10 autos with all the gear you want for a cheaper price than Supplier #10. On top of that, being open box, no duty will be liable and they don't ask for a prescription. The cheaper price will pay for your mask.

My experience with masks is that once you factor in the currency exchange rate and shipping, masks are not really that much cheaper from the US. At least if you get it from here and have issues then you can return it.

Best wishes for your xPAP therapy journey Kamran. Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kamran.zafar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think I have read somewhere here on this board that others from Australia have ordered from the supplier you mentioned, so hopefully, you won't have any problems.
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you DeepBreathing for sharing the information and valuable advices. This will help me to make my decision.

(05-22-2017, 08:21 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi kamran.zafar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I think I have read somewhere here on this board that others from Australia have ordered from the supplier you mentioned, so hopefully, you won't have any problems.
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.

Thank you Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2017, 03:38 AM)holden4th Wrote: I bought both of my machines from the US. The price was less than half of what was asked for here in good old OZ. The first thing you need to do is make sure that Supplier10 will actually ship out of the US. I'm not sure of the duty on medical equipment coming into Australia but I paid nothing.

My latest machine came from Supplier2. At the moment they have open box unused Airsense 10 autos with all the gear you want for a cheaper price than Supplier10. On top of that, being open box, no duty will be liable and they don't ask for a prescription. The cheaper price will pay for your mask.

My experience with masks is that once you factor in the currency exchange rate and shipping, masks are not really that much cheaper from the US. At least if you get it from here and have issues then you can return it.

Best wishes for your xPAP therapy journey Kamran. Keep us posted.

Thank you holden4th for sharing the information and valuable advices. This will help me to make my decision.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,462 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 167 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 334 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 803 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,934 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,149 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ? stevelk9999 19 1,703 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.