Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Took the Red pill, now my journey begins.
RE: Took the Red pill, now my journey begins.
Your EPR is only set to 2. I think your flow limitation deserves 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will set it to 3 tonight, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
New charts from the last few days. I feel pretty good. I do wish I would sleep more. I think they look pretty good but I am new to this so let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see further adjustments of settings at this point. Your pressure has settled down, flow limits are a lot less and events are minimal. This has all the potential to deliver good sleep, but we can't change your habits. Your sleep hours seem to vary quite a bit. Do you do shift work?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I do and have for over 30 years. I know that has a huge impact on my sleep. I deal with it the best I can, pitch black cool room, background noise, earplugs when needed. But I can't change the hours that I work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Zabe, I'm glad to be retired, but respect your work ethic, and hope you get the sleep you need. At least the therapy looks like it it doing its part.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
When I first got my machine it came with a ResMed AirFit f20 mask and a ResMed AirFit p10. When I tried the p10 it felt like 2 jet engines with afterburners firing up my nose. I kept it on for about 15 minutes and gave up. I have used the f20 airfit and f20 touchfit, and an Amara view hybrid mask. I have had various issues getting comfortable with each and having some amount of leakage that sometimes bothers me. The Amara view also has the co2 discharge holes that blast a jet stream of air out the front. My wife does not appreciate when I unintentionally aim this jet stream at her.

So today while I was struggling to take a little nap before I came in for night shift I tried on the p10 for a second time. No Leaks. I could lay on my side, I can rollover, No Leaks. I have adjusted to the pressure wearing the full face and hybrid masks and I think that now makes the p10 wearable. I still had some small comfort issues where it seals to my nose but I believe that I will get accustomed to it. I also do not seem to have a problem sealing my mouth at least while I was awake, I will see what happens when I am sleeping.

So wish me good luck in the morning when I try the p10. I am very hopeful as it is small, light, and No Leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You might wasn’t to grab some lansinoh a dab or two on the nose can help initial soreness with the P10 but once your used to it it’s a great mask. Minimal comfortable, no vent noise,
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will order some.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 624 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,210 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread clearairways 76 4,416 11-04-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: clearairways
  A few questions whilst I navigate my journey (masks/flow rate) Rebdr 11 805 10-30-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Rebdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.