Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Trapped Air
Trapped Air
Hi All
I have just joined this forum.
I have been using a cpap with nose pillows for about 3 years. For the past couple of months, I have been waking up with stomach pains and feeling like I had been gulping air. I have to sit up and belch to release the trapped air.  Too-funny
Any ideas why this may be happening?
Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trapped Air
The term is aerophagia, and it is pretty common when CPAP pressure exceeds the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) can hold out. It could be your machine is applying higher pressure, or you have had a change in health. If you have chronic heartburn, the LES does become weaker. What pressure is your machine set to?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It also can settle down a lot, mine did, though I still get it now and again. Look up 'gerd and lchf' and putting a brick under each head leg of your bed to have a slope down.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alfie99,
WELCOME! to the forum..
Hang in there for more answers to your question, good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.