Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
RE: Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
Your avatar seems to show that you have a beard. I have a small, closely-cropped beard too. I find that I have to keep the hairs either really short (as in 'shadow length'), or long enough that the mask can flatten them against my skin, in order to avoid beard-induced leaks.

I also find that having my straps loose(ish) works best, combined with a technique where I use my pillow to keep the mask in place when sleeping on my side, as I usually do. If I lie on my back with straps this loose, I get leaks. Tightening the straps any more however, causes leaks because I'm compressing the 'hovercraft' seal too much and it can't conform to my face.

I use the Resmed Quattro FX, having tried just one other, the Resmed Airfit F20, which didn't work so well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
The only FFM I can get to stay sealed all night is the memory foam version of the F20.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 141 3 hours ago
Last Post: Yeliad
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,706 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 125 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 508 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 302 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 652 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,222 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.