Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Trying Renew Sleep Solution
Ohmy 
Trying Renew Sleep Solution
I'm visiting Renew Sleep Solution tomorrow to try another option over my CPAP. I've had the CPAP for over 8 years and never could truly get comfortable wearing it. I've tried the nasal pillows and the full mask. out of the two the face mask worked the best but over time I was still struggling with wearing it for more than a few days in a row. The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device. I'm open to any feedback on new CPAP solutions that are more comfortable. Thanks
Dont-know Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution
I guess we'll see you again sooner or later. Good luck!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla, Thanks for the helpful response... Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I wished you good luck! You sound like you already made the decision so that seemed the best thing to say.

Dont-know
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It’s a shame that you used a Cpap for 8 years and was not able to adapt. You apparently didn’t have the support of your doctor or a DME that could help.

Here’s the thing, your machine is old. The newer machines offer so much more, especially in comfort and therapy choices.

I had to google Renew Sleep Solutions and recall it being discused here earlier in the year.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Solutions

It is obviously your choice if you want to go that route, but I’ve heard nothing great about wearing these sleep appliances. First of all, there is no way to know if your Apnea is being treated, and it could actually change your bite.

We’re here to help and support you if you need help getting back on Cpap therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Cthom1. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote: The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device.

I don't understand this statement - have you been instructed by somebody that you should only sleep on your stomach? Unless there are some over-riding medical reasons, that would be most unusual. We generally recommend people sleep on their side, but with a well-adjusted machine you could also sleep on you back. That's what I do and my AHI is always under 2, mostly under 1.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cthom1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The newer machines have better technology, it's unfortunate that you are giving up on CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I misunderstood your response.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 09:15 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Cthom1. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote: The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device.

I don't understand this statement - have you been instructed by somebody that you should only sleep on your stomach? Unless there are some over-riding medical reasons, that would be most unusual.  We generally recommend people sleep on their side, but with a well-adjusted machine you could also sleep on you back. That's what I do and my AHI is always under 2, mostly under 1.0.

The comment I made "The restrictions of only sleeping on my stomach has been the final decision maker on trying another device" isn't regarding being instructed by my doctor. This is the positioned I'm forced to sleep in because of my machine... If my opening statement/question was unclear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2017, 07:45 PM)Opal Rose Wrote: It’s a shame that you used a Cpap for 8 years and was not able to adapt.  You apparently didn’t have the support of your doctor or a DME that could help.

Here’s the thing, your machine is old.  The newer machines offer so much more, especially in comfort and therapy choices.  

I had to google Renew Sleep Solutions and recall it being discused here earlier in the year.

It is obviously your choice if you want to go that route, but I’ve heard nothing great about wearing these sleep appliances.  First of all, there is no way to know if your Apnea is being treated, and it could actually change your bite.

We’re here to help and support you if you need help getting back on Cpap therapy.

Opalrose, that's been my biggest issue. I tried several times to get assistance with getting an up to date machine and better equipment but the options were very thin. The place I went to had horrible service so after years of battling these hindrances I thought I've exhausted all options.  My employer offers great health insurance so I know that wasn't the issue but the company I was getting my equipment from always stated they had the newest as greatest options.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 247 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,101 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.