Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Trying Renew Sleep Solution
RE: Trying Renew Sleep Solution
After 8 years you are giving up?
Mind you I suppose you have given it a go, sleeping on your stomach is a bit of a problem.
Did you try any of the cloth masks, there is a nasal one and a full-faced one.  In fact I think they have improved one out now, though whether they improved them or not is a matter of opinion.
A newer machine might be a bit better, but I would try one of the cloth masks if you havn't done so, they can be a bit difficult to get to seal at the start and do need to be cleaned a bit more and have a limited life, but if I were in your shoes I would give one a go.

CPAP is not easy for some people, I was lucky in that I made up my mind it had to work and I just started using it every night, even though I had problems at the start and had a big struggle with masks.  There was no one to ask back then, I wish a place like this has existed so I could have asked other users for advice.

What have you tried?  Is it just Nasal Pillows and a Full-faced mask?

Oh and welcome to the forum Cthom1   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cthom1,

You didn't mention which masks you've tried. I've been really surprised to find out (just this past week) what a difference there is between 2 nasal pillows, the Swift FX and the AirFit P10. One is delightful and [airflow] completely comfortable, while the other causes a great deal of discomfort [air is too forceful] (for me - everyone is different).

The important thing is that you find what works for you. I'm sure you can find lots of good info here if you want to try again with xPAP. Maybe this time you'll succeed.

edit: the comfort I mention is with the delivery of air, not the fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bummer Sad

I'm a side and tummy sleeper too. 
While it took a bit of getting used to sleeping normally with Alien clutching my face, and resultant strap marks on my cheeks,  after a couple of months I've settled into it much better.
I can sleep in my normal tummy and side possies now without marks on my face so much. 
Nasal pillow masks (swift FX and P10) have made that possible. 

I guess after that many years of perseverance, every conceivable configuration, combo and pillow type has been tried.  Bummer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I getting it right that you’re a stomach sleeper, which makes it hard to wear a mask? And for that reason, CPAP is not a viable treatment for you?

IMO an oral device might be very problematic for your jaws if you’re a belly sleeper. The device will be pulling the lower jaw forward, while the pillow is pushing it inward.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 198 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 223 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 295 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,559 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,417 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 834 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.