Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Turning up pressure
Turning up pressure
Im pretty new to this machine i have.My doctor has my pressure at a very low rate (5) I was wondering if i turned it up to about 8-10 would that help me sleep better.Im using it every night but waking up 5-6 times a night and in the morning & through out the day im still very sleepy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Turning up pressure
You haven't really provided enough information to be able to properly answer your question. Your profile indicates that you are using "other software". What are your AHI readings like? Are you getting mainly obstructive apneas, or are you getting clear airway apneas as well? What is your hypopnea rate?

It does take some time to acclimate to CPAP usage, so make sure you stay on the same settings for at least a week to get a proper baseline for those settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Turning up pressure
If you are this new, you need to speak to your doctor before messing with anything. Like Ron said, it can take a while to adjust. Continue to give it time and while you wait, contact your sleep doc and tell him/her how you are doing.

So we can help you easier, please fill out your profile more. You say you have a Resmed. Assuming it is a Resmed S9 (which is silver), you can find the model name right by the on/off button. EPR is the "exhale pressure relief", not the model name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 785 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,623 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.