Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sinus infection
RE: Sinus infection
(01-06-2015, 02:32 AM)AshSF Wrote: My body posture [with neti pot] wasn't correct. If you don't do it in the right way, it makes you more susceptible to sinus attacks. Also, I was doing it with cold water. Now I do it with lukewarm distilled water. There are multiple yoga related websites which describe the correct posture. You should google "neti technique" and read up.

Also, doing it 4x a day is overkill on a daily basis and may remove too much mucus. I only do it once a day.

If you are in the middle of an acute sinus infection, then 4x a day makes sense. I have never been able to control a sinus infection with antibiotics. I have always gotten a good result by aggressive Neti during acute sinusitis.

Thanks. Yes, normally I only use the neti pot once a day -- I've only increased it temporarily due to this infection.

What has really seemed to help in my case is putting my head under a towel tent over a pot of steaming water with some rosemary or eucalyptus oil 3 or so times a day. I started that yesterday afternoon, and it seemed to knock out the infection per se (headache, teeth ache, colored nasal discharge). I'm still blowing my nose a lot, but it seems much clearer. I'm not adverse to antibiotics, but tend to use them as a last resort. Some years ago I did a lot of freediving (breathhold skin diving without scuba gear) and became very familiar with ear/sinus issues of various kinds.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sinus infection
I don't really know if what have is an ear infection but the doc said that my right ear is really red and I know that when he was looking around in it, it was painful. I don't know if antibiotic will clear up the drainage in my throat or not but I am tired of my ear hurting and feeling really hard and when I bend over to pick something up, etc., it is painful. so antibiotics I will try. What is crazy is that I was putting in ear drops that my ear doctor gave me and on the 6th (out of 7th prescribed day), is when my right ear got so bad.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 343 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 349 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Humidity and Sinus Infection Columbiabill 2 591 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 906 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constant sinus headache getzall 3 557 02-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.