Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Urgent Pillow repairs
Hi All

Great to know there is a forum for people with similar issues like i do!!

I stay in a very remote area and any suppliers of cpap equipment are in the Cities, far away.
All mask replacements happens by courier after a long three week wait for the Medial aid (Insurance) to approve.

A big problem i get is tearing in the thin outer "membrane" of the Pillow of the nasal mask.
Especially the terrible latest mask they send me recently that never fitted properly, so my constant messing around with it at night made a huge tear.

I have tried any glue possible!! Nothing on earth sticks to this stuff!!

Surely someone had to do emergency pillow tear fixes? Not getting much help op Google or Youtube! Sad

Anyone that has an idea how one could patch such a rip during emergencies will make my day!!

Regards,

Big Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Pete! - Welcome

I'm sure there are other brands but the one I know is Sil-Poxy Adhesive.  It's designed to bond RTV silicone rubber to silicone rubber and some other plastics, like urethane.

I hope this may help.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Pete...order two replacements and don't end up without aa backup again. Considering your remote location in S Africa, I figure anything I could recommend might be harder to find than ordering the new nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Pete, is this tear in the vent part of the nasal pillow? If not, a strong enough tape might work better than glue. You could ask for a tiny piece of tape at an auto body shop. There is a tape they use to attach bumpers, is the strongest stuff I've ever used. Super sticky. It's double sided but you don't have to remove the protective liner for the outside. Hope this makes sense, but if the tear is in the vent part of the mask you really can't tape it shut as it is needed for your exhaled breath to escape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Pete,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might get a couple pairs of pillows, that way, if you tear one, you will have another one to use.
Good luck to you with getting this problem straightened out and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Thanks everyone, yes the double pillow order was the next stop.
Already waiting for the delivery.

Ok, that bumper tape i am going to look for tomorrow, I have a buddy with an auto-repair shop.
It turned out that if you use surgical alcohol to clean the silicon, more items will stick to it, even then for the night like electrical insulation tape.

I have to learn the hard way before thinking of buying backup pillows beforehand!! 

Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT HELP : ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Setting vs. BlueJay22 12 225 3 hours ago
Last Post: PaytonA
  Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise BoyrauchS 4 202 08-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: BoyrauchS
  URGENT issue FAA approval for international travel? NCZzzz 14 1,422 07-29-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: David Govan
  Recommend a mask to me? Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow? mraroid 3 182 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  CPAP pillow use regbeach 6 333 06-21-2017, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  I ordered a Dreamwear Gel Pillow. smiledog 19 907 06-08-2017, 03:11 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Trying to move to nasal/pillow mask. Leaks? tedgreen 12 519 06-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster