Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Urgent Pillow repairs
Urgent Pillow repairs
Hi All

Great to know there is a forum for people with similar issues like i do!!

I stay in a very remote area and any suppliers of cpap equipment are in the Cities, far away.
All mask replacements happens by courier after a long three week wait for the Medial aid (Insurance) to approve.

A big problem i get is tearing in the thin outer "membrane" of the Pillow of the nasal mask.
Especially the terrible latest mask they send me recently that never fitted properly, so my constant messing around with it at night made a huge tear.

I have tried any glue possible!! Nothing on earth sticks to this stuff!!

Surely someone had to do emergency pillow tear fixes? Not getting much help op Google or Youtube! Sad

Anyone that has an idea how one could patch such a rip during emergencies will make my day!!

Regards,

Big Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Urgent Pillow repairs
Hi Big Pete! - Welcome

I'm sure there are other brands but the one I know is Sil-Poxy Adhesive.  It's designed to bond RTV silicone rubber to silicone rubber and some other plastics, like urethane.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Pete...order two replacements and don't end up without aa backup again. Considering your remote location in S Africa, I figure anything I could recommend might be harder to find than ordering the new nasal pillows.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pete, is this tear in the vent part of the nasal pillow? If not, a strong enough tape might work better than glue. You could ask for a tiny piece of tape at an auto body shop. There is a tape they use to attach bumpers, is the strongest stuff I've ever used. Super sticky. It's double sided but you don't have to remove the protective liner for the outside. Hope this makes sense, but if the tear is in the vent part of the mask you really can't tape it shut as it is needed for your exhaled breath to escape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Big Pete,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might get a couple pairs of pillows, that way, if you tear one, you will have another one to use.
Good luck to you with getting this problem straightened out and also with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
Thanks everyone, yes the double pillow order was the next stop.
Already waiting for the delivery.

Ok, that bumper tape i am going to look for tomorrow, I have a buddy with an auto-repair shop.
It turned out that if you use surgical alcohol to clean the silicon, more items will stick to it, even then for the night like electrical insulation tape.

I have to learn the hard way before thinking of buying backup pillows beforehand!! 

Thanks for the suggestions! Much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 340 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Urgent Mask Leak Help Zaiforce 4 534 12-14-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.