Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Use Found to Cause Weight Gain?
RE: CPAP Use Found to Cause Weight Gain?
As my undiagnosed apnea slowly got worse, I found I was reaching out for sugar snacks and/or coffee with extra sugar in a poor attempt to stay awake thru the workday (or drive).

I experienced a net weight loss since starting cpap.
When your bathtub no longer makes groaning noises when you step in for a shower, then you know you're winning the battle.
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense to anybody, but a medical "study" can be found that will justify just about anything. Call me a skeptic, I plead guilty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Calories in calories out. You might burn less calories at night on CPAP but you should be able to burn more calories during the day. I lost weight on CPAP because I was more active during the day.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 153 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 275 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 391 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Sleep aids or weight gain AlexS3 22 1,315 11-28-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: AlexS3
  Weight Loss and Side Sleeping Therapy - AHI < 0.5 AquaMan 3 695 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 557 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,375 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.