Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP User Since May 2020 - Still EXHAUSTED.
Sad 
CPAP User Since May 2020 - Still EXHAUSTED.
Hello! As the title states, I've been on a CPAP since May 2020, but am still constantly tired throughout the day. I've downloaded my data on OSCAR, but I'm not sure what it all says. It looks like my AHI is great, but I'm still SO tired. I sleep about 7-8 hours a night, so other than trying to get more sleep, are there any suggestions or issues based on my data? I noticed the variable breathing % is usually anywhere from 10-20% - Is this an issue? Any insight anyone could provide would be great. I'm so tired of being tired.

For reference, I am on the DreamStation Auto CPAP with the settings of 4.0-20.0. I use the DreamWear nasal mask, and have a humidifier and heated hose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP User Since May 2020 - Still EXHAUSTED.
Increase your minimum pressure to 8.0 and that will solve most of your problems. You are using default settings and based on the pressure statistics you posted, you need to be at 9.0 or 10.0. With the Philips Auto CPAP, the minimum pressure must be set relatively high or you will be constantly battling parital obstruction (flow limitation and snores) resulting in arousals. This is why you still feel tired.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics machines have that nasty little habit of increasing pressures after it's too late or by going up too slow. So we suggest editing the idle speed up so therapy won't stall.

ResMed machines don't suffer from this fatal flaw BTW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response! Should I also change my ramp up to 8.0? It’s also currently at 4.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't need the ramp, turn it off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 452 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 70 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,490 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,044 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.